Fifty Six

a/n: summary manip yeeee ^^ so after all your comments, i finally started to watch gossip girl & now i can't stop. but holy cannoli i didn't realize how similar things are between the show and this story, like serena & dan to summer & harry and the glitz & glam lifestyle. i love the show actually, so i have you guys to thank for getting me to watch it haha. i'm only on s2 so no spoilers! also can i have serena's wardrobe ??

"Shoes! Where are they? I can't find them!" Summer shouted from her bedroom, sounding completely distressed.

I looked around the room, scanning the floor and the couches before I looked towards the stairs, "What ones are you talking about? You own like six hundred pairs! Literally."

"They're Jimmy Choo! Nude, strappy, very high, could take someone's eye out!"

"I don't even know what that means! Except for the nude part. I know what nude is," I laughed to myself as I shook my head. "And why are you looking for something that could be classified as a weapon?"

"They're my lucky shoes! I need them!" Summer appeared at the top of the stairs, gripping onto the railing as she looked around her apartment. Her curled hair looked even darker under the dim lighting of the hallway, and her slick-looking, dark purple dress fell just above her knees. She pointed over towards the couch and laughed, "Right there."

Walking over, I pulled the shoe from between the cushions, "There's only one."

"Crap," she frowned, slumping her shoulders.

I tossed the shoe over my shoulder and walked towards the stairs, "Why do you need heels, anyways? Slip on a pair of sandals or sneakers or those shoes that look like ugly night slippers with a buckle on top. We're going to be walking around a lot, and your feet are going to hurt."

"Harry," Summer made her way down the steps until she was actually my height. She set her hands atop my shoulders, her bracelets clinking together, and looked at me as if what I had just said was so out there. I was almost waiting for her to say 'oh bless your heart.' I could see it sitting there on the tip of her tongue. "That would look terrible with this dress. Besides, we are going apartment hunting. I need to look nice and serious. The potential landlords and building residents need to know I'm not just some silly little girl wanting to move in."

"But you always look nice, no matter what you're wearing."

"If only everyone thought the way you do," she leaned forward and connected our lips, her hands moving from my shoulders to the back of my neck.

I pulled back from her and smiled, "Apartment hunting. This is kind of exciting."

"It's exciting and stressful."

"We're looking for an apartment. Together. That's exciting."

"We're looking at six different buildings. That's stressful."

"Oh be optimistic about this stuff," I laughed, picking her up off the stairs. She wrapped her legs around my waist, the material of her dress bunching up higher around her thighs, as I started to walk towards the couch. "You're getting one step closer to moving out of this place."

"That's true, and one step closer to actually living with you."

I sat down on the couch and immediately yelped. There was something digging into my lower back. Summer looked at me with concern as I slightly moved away from the cushion and grabbed whatever it was that I sat on. As I pulled the item out, I realized it was the missing shoe. The nude Jimmy one.

"Found it," I laughed, holding the shoe up in between us.

"Perfect!" She took the shoe out of my hand and brightly smiled. Summer moved herself off of my lap and adjusted her dress, "What'd you do with the other shoe?"