Fifty Four

a/n: ^^ manip of errrbody! so @anjiejolie created an instagram account for my stories! i don't have one so this works great lol. anyways if you're interested, please give it a follow bc we'd really appreciate it! she's going to post my manips and covers and edits and maybe post when there's any story updates. the account is aquarliam_fanfics :)

To say I was very upset when my alarm went off in the morning would have been a massive understatement. The obnoxious ringing that echoed through my room had undeniably disturbed my sleep, as well as the comfortable sleeping position I was in. Having to reach over to my bedside table and turn the alarm off had caused me to pull away from Summer, who was asleep on my chest. 

Her arm was draped over my stomach, and she hooked her leg around my own. As I moved to turn off the alarm, Summer's body awkwardly shifted until she was no longer lying on me, the side of her face now pressed into the matress. I could see her faintly wrinkle her nose as she continued to stay asleep.

With every ounce of strength I had in my body, I pulled myself out of the bed. Looking back at Summer, I pulled the covers over the exposed parts of her body, being careful not to wake her up. I was surprised she hadn't opened her eyes and attempted to make a conversation with me like she had done before, but I was glad I didn't disturb her too much.

I walked into my bathroom, splashing water on my face to wake myself up. I took my time getting dressed and ready for cleaning the kitchen, pulling on a bandana and sliding on those disgustingly dirty converse shoes. I needed to get a new pair, or at least a new used pair, because these particular shoes were falling apart from how often I've worn them. 

As I finished up brushing my teeth and all that other tedious stuff, I stood by the bed, seeing Summer sleep so peacefully. I thought about leaving her a note to say I'd come back with breakfast, but I figured I'd just surprise her.

Instead, I dug into the back of my closet, knowing I had kept something from when I was younger. I pulled out a fluffy stuffed animal, a shark to be exact. I had gotten it at an aquarium when I was younger, and for some reason, it's that one stuffed animal from childhood that I can't seem to get rid of. Maybe because it was the last time my parents took my sister and I out before they broke the news to us that they were getting a divorce. I guess the stuffed shark always held these happier moments between my parents, not that they fight like crazy people now. But it just reminded me of a time when we were a real family.

I took the plush doll and slid it underneath Summer's arm, watching as she stirred in her sleep and clutched tightly onto the doll. I leaned down and placed a kiss at her forehead before I walked out of my room, gently shutting the door behind me.

When I reached the kitchen, I was surprised to see Isabella awake and sitting on the couch with a book in her hand.

"What the hell are you doing up?" I asked as I walked over to her. 

She looked up at me and set the book down, "I can't sleep."

I nodded my head as I looked at her, "Oh. Well how is that book you're reading?"

"It's not bad," she glanced at the cover and shrugged. "I met this girl, Eleanor, on that girls' trip thing. She said it's a good book, so I decided to check it out. She's a smarty pants. I can't keep up with half of the things she says; she's like a walking dictionary."

I wondered if this was the same Eleanor that was at the charity event. Louis' Eleanor. I figured it was the same girl because who else would it have been? Plus, I remember that girl sounding very elegant and sophisticated as she spoke. I'm sure it was the same person.

I didn't realize I hadn't responded to Isabella until she spoke up again, an all knowing smirk across her lips as she opened up her book.

"You and Summer gettin' it on last night, huh? Pretty freaky, I'm assuming from what we could hear."