Amber Antags

Prompt: Character B and character A go on a walk and meet their evil personas. The evil personas seem to be building something dangerous and attack A and B in order to protect it, before another (few) hermit(s) interfere(s). Cue epic fight scene (from Pink Procrastinators)

Scar and Grian were walking in the woods together, laughing and talking. As they made their way through the forest, they soon heard voices.

"Badtimes, can you give me some wood?" 

"Get it yourself!"

"We're supposed to be doing this together.."

"Oh fine!"

"Is it just me or did that sound like NPG talking to Badtimes...?" Grian said, shooting a concerned look at Scar. "Not just you," Scar confirms with a frown. The two slowly start heading towards the voices. "Why do I have to be helping you." Grumbles Badtimes. "Because Hels and EX are busy. You know that." Replies NPG as he looks at the building.

"What do you think they're doing...?" Whispered Scar. "I don't know, but they mentioned Hels and EX. If I know the 'evil' alters then it won't be good," Grian muttered grimly. "Should we do something..?" Scar said as he leaned forward a little bit... and then fell flat on his face.

Grian tried to grab him and drag him back into the shadows, but it was too late, the alters had noticed them. "What are you doing here?!" Exclaimed Badtimes. "How 'bout you tell us what you're doing here? What're you making, an evil fortress or something?" Grian said, crossing his hands. "No, it's actually a gam-"

"Why should we tell you?" NPG interrupted Badtimes. "Because we asked..?" Scar suggested.

NPG leapt down, brandishing a sword, "Here's an idea, why don't you leave us alone? I'd hate to use violence, but if you force my hand I suppose I'll have no choice."

He took a step forward, pressing his blade against Grian's hastily raised one. Badtimes followed suit, slicing his axe along what would've been Scar's neck, had the hermit not jumped out of the way, fumbling in his inventory to try and grab any sort of weapon.

A short distance away, Grian was still straining against NPG, fruitlessly attempting to gain ground against his bulkier counterpart, until he suddenly removed a hand from his sword hilt and punched NPG in the stomach, causing him to double over, out of breath.

Scar glances over, losing his focus for only a second - but long enough for Badtimes to slice his arm. Scar winced, raising his sword again. Hands untrained in PVP were clumsy, and Scar considered it a miracle he hadn't yet dropped his sword. Looking around for help, he spotted a familiar shadow flying over the shopping district.

"False! Help!"

The Brit spotted the two almost immediately, and rushed down to help, brandishing an axe as the two counterparts backed off slightly

"Hey now, this was just between us!"

"You attacked us!"

"Fair point... Get 'em!"

With False now added to the fray, the fight became significantly less one-sided, though the two sides were still fairly evenly matched. What felt like an eternity passed, with the two sides battering against each other, neither making much progress. Eventually, both were gasping for breath, struggling to raise their weapons and take another hit - one of the downsides of Netherite's increased strength was its hefty weight.

Suddenly, footsteps sounded, sharp on the stone path. A figure cleared their throat, loudly and deliberately.

"What the hell is going on?" Came a furious looking Hels followed by EX.

"These two came and attacked us-"

"What no! You attacked first!"

"I tried to explain but NP-"

"He tried to kill me!"

"I heard someone call for help-"

"Everyone, shut up!" EX shouted over the racket. "Talk one at a time."

Grian crossed his arms. "Me and Scar were simply walking in the woods when we heard voices and decided to investigate."

"Scar, the idiot, fell on his face and then I told the two busybodies to get lost, but they didn't listen so I attacked." NPG broke in.

"The two attacked us and I needed help, so when I spotted False I called to her" Scar continued;

"I came and joined the fight and then you two came in." False finished.

"NPG, seriously? We're trying to be good, and you're being the opposite." EX scolded "Be good? How are you doing that by building an evil fortress?" Asked Grian incredulously. "Fortress? While I'd love to build a big scary fortress, that would look better in the nether. No, we were building a house for us to get together and play video games in. Me and Exy went to go get supplies while these two" Hels Gestured towards NPG and Badtimes. "We're supposed to keep building it. Not cause a fight." He glared at the two

"I tried to explain, but they just wanted to fight and I didn't wanna look like a pussy." Badtimes. "Nevermind then, we'll leave you be.." Said an embarrassed Grian and the hermits went along with their day.

Score: 7.5