Pink Procrastinators

Prompt: Warmth

Grain was pissed. He couldn't get this one fucking part of his damn mansion right. He was about to explode in an outraged outburst of fire and that wouldn't go well, due to there being a good amount of wood. He didn't want to throw away this effort so he tried to bottle up the strong emotions he was portraying currently.

He rubbed his eyes and continued to begrudgingly make this part of his mansion look actually good. But it was going awfully. He punched the wall and splintered his hand.

"Fuck..." he muttered under his breath, fiddling with the hem of his sweater. His beautiful wings hadn't been preened for a while. As a result, they were in awful condition.

He sighed, letting out a small burst that he didn't notice. After a few more attempts, the bottled up emotions exploded out in burst of bright, blue fire that instantly spread and started to burn down the mansion, he did his best to start putting out the fire, swearing under his breath, covered in ash and soot, he managed to quench the roaring fires' thirst by putting it out, but not without being extremely ruined.

He cried and wrapped his wings round himself before crying and curling up, exhausted from the outburst. He decided to hide for the greater good of the server. He was an annoying threat and it would be better for everyone involved. He started to verbally punish himself.

Grian hid on the right side of the mansion, he didn't want to see the left side of the mansion now covered in ashes. It had been an accident, right? No, it was because of a stupid mistake he made. The mistake of not being able to control his emotions, just like a child.

Yes, he wasn't the most mature person out there but that didn't excuse him having a tantrum because of a stupid reason like not getting his build on the first go. He had said that building needed experimentation countless times and now he was here. Hiding from the mistake he made, maybe he could just get rid of the mansion and start over.

No. He had faked blowing up the mansion before and it was painful enough, he physically couldn't do it.

He decided to go to the left side, the burnt one. He had to start from somewhere, that somewhere being cleaning the ashes. Then he could start rebuilding the part that he had destroyed.

But when he stood in front of the ashes his knees gave up, making him fall onto his knees. The sight was too hard for him to take in. The mansion he gave his blood, his sweat, his time, his everything, covered in ashes; because of him. Tears started to fall down his cheeks. He didn't even have a reason to cry. He couldn't just destroy something and escape from it's consequences.

He folded his wings over himself in an effort to hide the scene in front of him. It was partially working. He didn't see the ashes but he could feel the warmth from his wings. The warmth that came from the fire that burnt down his mansion

 -------

Scar and Bdubs flew down as the jungle forest beneath began to reveal a mess of shulker boxes, chests, and a large mansion that could only belong to Grian. They couldn't help but feel like something was off, but shrugged it off as having not seen the enormous building in a while.

Each hermit lit up one last rocket before swooping down in front of the grand base's entrance. Scar shot a funny look at Bdubs when he raised his hand to knock on the wooden door.

"Bdubs, does Grian ever knock when he visits, oh, I don't know, anyone?" Scar laughed, smiling fondly at the memories of Grian randomly appearing randomly whilst simultaneously stealing a person's door when dropping by.

"I guess you are right!" Bdubs chuckled back, hand reaching for the door handle instead now. Turning the knob gently, letting himself and Scar inside. The two walked into the estate, eyes looking over everything in search of their feathered friend.

"Scar, look!" Bdubs whisper-shouted at Scar, tilting his head over to where a red sweater could be spotted surrounded by ashes. Bright, fiery, feather wrapped around what looked to be shaky and prone form.

The two shared a look, before quietly walking over to the upset Brit.

Grian felt the arms wrap around him, and as much as he wanted to pull away, something in his brain screamed at him not to. And as he melted into the duos arms, his natural heat urged Bdubs and Scar to join him on the slightly charred floor. The two found themselves sinking into the hug as well, smiles softly making their ways onto all of their faces.

Scar found himself looking up, finally realizing what had occured, pulling Grian slightly closer as he wiped the tears from his face. Bringing the two shorter hermits into a tighter hug, huffing slightly when Bdubs whined playfully. Causing all three of them to start laughing, happy tears replacing the previously frustrated ones on Grian's face.

Builds could be replaced, but friendships like theirs' was forever.

So, there the trio sat. Content in a warm pile on the floor of a burned base.

Score: 9