Pink Procrastinators

Words: Clouds, Glass, Box

The day was like any other, with Scar walking through the dense and colorful forest. He had been searching all day, making his way through the trees, bushes, flowers, and other wildlife. The entire area had been fascinating at first, but after hours of walking it quickly became more dull and repetitive. The green of the leaves all merged together, the bright vibrant flowers became blindingly annoying, and the mobs became nuisances that he had to deal with in any area it was even slightly darker.

Scar prepared himself to turn back, the sky above now dark and gloomy. The clouds blocking the stars. They appeared gray and almost heavy, if a cloud could even look heavy. It was obviously about to rain, and the American was not very thrilled at the idea of being soaking wet when he arrived home.

So, he brushed off his clothes, trying his best not to smear any more dirt onto his outfit. He emptied his pockets of any useless materials he had gathered earlier that were no longer necessary. what heaps of what seemed to be an endless supply of resources.

By the time he had finished the piles of the floor were up to his knees, restricting his movement somewhat. A soft groan left his mouth as he struggled through the clumps of meaningless materials. Another soon following as water began to drip onto him, signifying the rain has decided to start now, and as a light drizzle.

Scar found himself finally free of the chain like piles, quickly making his way through the trees which he had come from, when he heard a soft noise. Unlike all the other animal sounds that had begun to sound obnoxious, this one sounded soft. Scared even.

It sounded like a cat.

The rain began to come down harder, like it was warning him to turn back before it got too bad. But, Scar could not go against his own morals.

Scar carefully covered his head as he trudged through the forest, getting soaked and covered in mud, shivering but ignoring those feelings as he searched for where the distressed meows came from because who would hear a distressed cat and ignore it?

The loud pitter patter of raindrops as the sounds of the cat grew louder as he trudged forward through the horrible weather conditions of the rain and wind.

He hated this but he wanted to rescue a cat. No, he needed to. If he didn't the choice would forever haunt him. Especially one abandoned in the wild to fend for themself. .

He struggled to keep himself up straight as the rain aggressively poured from the sky down on him. His clothes became heavier, and every movement needed twice the amount of effort. He pushed through and eventually found a scrappy and worn down box, no notes or nothing. The water was clearly breaking it down, not at all sheltering the animal inside. It was almost completely destroyed due to the downpour of rain falling from the clouded sky.

The distressed noises clearly were coming from the box as he opened the box and he lifted the small cat from the box and saw the wounds and glass everywhere and his eyes instantly widened as he tried to calm the whining cat. "Shh, it's okay, I'm here, I'm not going to hurt you, I'm here to help you." Scar whispered to the kitten. The poor thing seemed to be shivering, the rain making their fur coat ineffective against the wind, maybe even making the cold worse. Scar immediately started walking back home while making sure not to agitate the small animal's wounds, but not to drop her.

He quietly made his way home arriving and taking off his coat and hung it up, before putting the animal down and started to patch up their wounds trying to be gentle to the fragile kitten but make sure she wasn't hurt so much. He took the glass shards out carefully, before bandaging all the cuts, and he saw the cat was fast asleep.

"Sleep well little kitten.." he cooed, sitting down next to the cat.

----

It had been a week after Scar had found the tabby cat. He had been tending her wounds and feeding her and now she was good enough to leave. Scar gulped as he looked at the cat sleeping peacefully. He had to leave her, he was moving onto a new server and he was not sure if they would let him bring a cat from a different world. "But what if they allow me to?" Scar had to take the risk, he could negotiate with the admin or do something, anything to not leave her in the wild again or he would just be the same as her previous owner.

What should he do? He couldn't just leave her, right? The thoughts were passing through his mind but he decided to listen to his heart. During the time she spent with Scar the cat had forced her way into his heart. So, Scar had decided to adopt her.

As Scar made up his mind the gray cat had woken up and climbed up his lap, snuggling into him for his body warmth. Scar smiled at her, she had always done this since the second day of Scar rescuing her, she loved sitting Scar's lap and snuggling into him. Maybe because she had spent days shivering outside in the cold and he was very warm, or she just enjoyed sitting with him. Either way, Scar couldn't be happier with the feline sitting in his lap.

"You're such a beautiful cat. You know that, right?" His voice was softer than it normally was as he spoke to the cat on his lap. She looked at Scar with her bright green eyes as she understood him when he talked to her. "I'll call you Jellie if that's alright." he continued to talk to the cat, naming her. The cat, now called Jellie, meowed to him, as if she was accepting the name that was given to her.

This seemed to be the start of a bond that would last a lifetime, no matter what.

Score: 10.5 (Spectators' Favourite)