Pink Procrastinators

Prompt: "It's the end for us, isn't it?" (From Sapphire Simps)

"Alright everybody. The portal should be linked up to the other world. I'll go first to make sure nothing is wrong with it." Xisuma said. He had changed his bee suit for an axolotl one for their new and updated world. Because the world had some magical change the hermits had decided to move onto the new season.

The hermits hold their breaths as their admin passes through the portal. After a minute or two Xisuma's hand comes out from the portal giving them a thumbs up.

The first hermit to enter was Etho, looking around the area one last time before turning his back and skipping worlds.

After him Grian walked forward, looking through his friends to decide who he could tease before leaving. "This season I'll make Mumbo the mayor." he had decided on Scar; the wizard, the mayor and the businessman. After throwing his last joke on the world he also jumped through the portal.

After him the girls decided to go, False and Cleo stepping into the portal without hesitation and Stress telling her friends one last goodbye just in case something went wrong.

Most of the hermits just went into the portal. Leaving Cub, Scar, Bdubs and Joe on the island. Joe came forward singing a tune:

"It's the end now, but don't worry. As the sun comes down here it comes up somewhere else.

It may be the end for us here, But I'll meet you. Again, somewhere else. Over and over again."

And he was in season 8.

Bdubs put his hand on the portal. He didn't like to change worlds. He had bad memories with it, memories he would not wish on his worst enemy. Cub came next to him, putting a hand on his shoulder. "It will be alright, X said so. Just don't worry." Bdubs forced a smile, the best one he could while he was this nervous. Cub turned looking at Scar, who was lacking behind.

"Scar? you coming?" Cub asked. "Sorry guys, i've made my decision to stay in this season to research the magic crystals and try to make my magic more powerful. I also think that staying here as mayor in case anyone somehow accidentally gets into this server, I could help them move to the next season or help them out and make this place more lively when you are all gone. I think it could better the server and free up space for more hermits. Besides, I still think you guys could have so much fun without me! Besides, hermits have left and come back in the past, I could always come at a later time!" Scar spoke, exhaling heavily.

Looking sympathetically at all his worried friends, smiling at his friends and waving them away. "Go on, you can go, I don't mind, goodbye, we've had fun adventures, i can see you all later!" Scar said, shedding some tears.

The shorter man looked up at his friend, his expression twisted in worry.

"Scar... staying behind doesn't mean you just get to roam free. As soon as X leaves the server... the world begins to corrupt, Scar. Fall in on itself, until everything there has been squished and squeezed and broken into thousands of pieces. I barely made it out alive myself, and it was horrible! Even when I got back, I was stuck in a falling loop, you know, you were there! You can't stay here Scar, you see?"

Bdubs clenched his fists, eyebrows turning up. "Please Scar. I don't want to leave without you." Cub was simply watching the conversation from beside Bdubs, nodding when he spoke.

The Wizard turned away guiltily. "Never in my life have I gotten so close to... other magic. I can't miss my chance. Can't throw away my one, final shot. I've heard of what worlds do when all of their admins lose power, Bdubs, I have. I can protect myself though."

Scar turned back to his friend, one hand gripped around the other arm. "When you got stuck in the old season... you were defenseless. I have my magic to help me. My power has only grown, expanding from just the magic from the Vex but to the magic I absorbed from the crystals. I can survive it long enough to study the crystals more, and then I'll come back. I promise."

Scar, Bdubs, and Cub stared at each other. Bdubs having a pleading look in his eyes as he tried once more to convince Scar to come with them.

"Scar! Please, is this really it for us? After everything we've been through together this past year? Are you really going to abandon me? You are going to just abandon Cub? Everyone else?" He begged, tears starting to go down his face.

Scar avoided looking in the eyes, trying to have some sort of response. He knew what he was getting into. He had already told them that-

Scar took a deep breath trying to not hurt himself by his own words.

"It's the end for us, isn't it, we always knew this day would come someday.So, why not make it on our terms rather than someone else's?" He sadly spoke, water soon slightly clouding his vision as well. "I want this. You two go have the time of your lives with everyone else, okay? Don't let me drag you both down."

Scar began to slowly walk away from the portal, pulling on his loose fitting robes as he turned around. Not even able to bring himself watch as some of his closest friends left.

Cub began to move forward, when he felt a soft tug on his arm.

"Cub, the portal is closing soon. If we stay any longer we'll be trapped here as well." Bdubs muttered. "I think, I think it's time for us to go."

Cub looked at Bdubs wide-eyed, almost not believing that Bdubs was the one beside him.

They both looked at Scar's retreating figure one last time, before nodding to each in sorrow one last time. Then, hand in hand, entering the portal. They felt their very beings break down, as a nauseous feeling overtook them both and they felt themselves being moved across worlds.

But all they could think about was soft, sad chuckling as they heard, "Make sure Grian doesn't start too many wars while I'm gone."

Scar felt the world shake as the portal closed, buildings cracking behind him and the floor split beneath him.

He grasped the crystals strapped around his neck, whispering a soft chant as the sky blackened up.

A bubble formed around him as the world slowly tore itself apart, Scar's eyes resembling Keralis's as he watched the shopping district break down.

Score: 8.5