Sapphire Simps

Words: Falling, dissipate, sleepy

tw: suicidal thoughts, suicide

Grian soared above the world, flapping his exhausted wings as he carried a shulker box full of materials in his equally tired arms.

He was so so tired. Back to back grinding sessions for materials really wasn't a good idea and it took a toll on his petite body. The blonde looked like he'd been dragged through a jungle and back.

He struggled to keep his eyes open and wings flapping. He was just so tired of everything but he can't stop grinding now, he still needed to collect all the shulker boxes in the desert and stock up the Barge. Then he needed to grind for more materials to finally finish the back of his mansion like he said he would.

Yes, he still had that wager Scar owed him from the war but Scar just never seemed to be available nowadays, what with trying to manage Aqua Town and being mayor of the whole Shopping District and all that.

That's why Grian had decided that he'd finish the back of his mansion and get it done once and for all... after he stocks the Barge... and after he collected all the shulker boxes full of stock for the Barge...

The sandy blonde groaned at the thought of the tedious process of flying backwards and forwards.

He wanted nothing more than to drift off into a peaceful slumber and feel the aching pain in his body to dissipate.

Grian shook his head, nearly dropping the box in his arms.

No, not now. He could sleep once he's finished everything else and not a moment before.

By now, the dull ache in his wings and arms had become a throbbing pain that pulsed through his whole entire being, yelling at him to land and relieve the pain.

Hazel brown eyes watched as his arms gave out and dropped the shulker box full of materials. He watched as the box fell further and further away from him and eventually disappeared into the snowy white clouds under him.

Well there goes a box of stuff, Grian thought.

Weirdly enough, Grian didn't feel anything. He wasn't upset; he wasn't even mildly annoyed that he'd dropped a box worth of resources. If anything, Grian felt hollow.

Hazel brown eyes watched the clouds glide gracefully beneath him. His wings screamed at him, begging for Grian to have mercy on them and relieve them from the excruciating pain.

Why was he even grinding so much? The hermits wouldn't mind if he took longer to restock than usual and there never was any real pressure to complete the back of his base so why was he even putting this much effort into grinding for resources?

His wings stopped flapping and Grian let go.

The wind rushed through his feathers, and he didn't even have to flap them.

Above the clouds, falling was like floating in the ocean.

The blue, forever smooth sky was dotted with little flecks of white stars.

Grian didn't know whether or not he should keep his eyes open.

And then the cold clouds welcomed him with open, fluffy arms, and they dropped them again.

Clouds weren't as solid as they looked.

He should've pulled up by now. He should've extended his wings.

But he just didn't.

It was a sense of giving up.

To be totally honest, Grian knew why he was grinding so much.