26 ~ Photos and Pecks

Jonathan

       I sneer at her, "I didn't miss you." I stop about ten feet in front of her and cross my arms over my chest.

Her happy smile melts into a sad one. She looks over my body and motions her head to me, "You've gotten more defined. Guess working at the gym is like a dream come true huh?"

I feel my face show disgust, the emotion shocking Bree. Her eyebrows turn up in pity, "I liked you better when you were leaner."

I breathe out a astonished sigh, "I honestly don't give a single fuck about what you think. I came to discuss one specific thing. So shut the fuck up about missing me and shit, it's nauseating."

She laughs sadly and sits back down on the fountain. "You're so mean to me now. Guess I can't blame you for being upset."

I grind my teeth to keep from yelling at this psychopath. She's acting like I'm throwing a tantrum over something insignificant. She nearly ruined my life. And she's still trying to.

I take a deep breath, "Stop. Just stop whatever you're doing, whatever you're planning. I don't understand your issue with Adelaide or your obsession with my life, but just stop. Move the fuck on already."

My eyes widen when Bree starts to laugh hysterically. She covers her mouth with her hand to try and muffle the obnoxious noise. I then take notice to her appearance. She's wearing the one outfit I ever complimented her on. I know this because every time she would wear it she would never fail to mention that it's her favorite because I said I liked it. The fact that she is wearing it now means that she thinks it will somehow affect me. I only complimented it because she kept pestering me about what I thought, I said it was pretty to get her to shut up.

Her laughter ceases, "It's not obsession, Johnny." She stands and takes a step towards me, making me take a step back. "You will come to see it in due time. Just be patient."

I take another step back from her, my expression void of emotion. She sighs and a look of anger takes over her features, "Adelaide," Her melodic name coming out of Bree's mouth like a curse word.

"That pathetic bitch is trying to weasel her way into your life Johnny. Her empty brain thinks you could ever possibly have feelings for her. I know she's probably a good fuck but I was trying to help you because I know you can be too nice to tell the truth. So I did."

The longer she spoke the more rage I felt. The way Bree thinks of Adelaide as someone so dense and capable of giving her body to earn my heart is so angering I want to explode. Adelaide isn't like Bree. She doesn't want to sleep with me just because she thinks I'll like her because she gave me sex. That's Bree. That is what she wanted. She has to know that I never loved her. Yet she begged me to have sex with her.

And I may have not been capable of having romantic feelings in the past. But that has changed. I need Adelaide.

"You want to know the truth?"

I smirk as I think about how angry she'll get at what I'm about to say.

I take two steps towards her, towering over her, "I'm a caring person."

She nods and smiles. The sight makes me cringe inwardly.

"If I have chemistry with someone and our morals match, I'll want to keep them in my life."