35 ~ Dads and Drunks

*ANGST WARNING*

Jonathan

Here he is. The infamous Henry Miller.

My sad excuse of a father goes to take his hands out of his pockets but fumbles doing so. His eyes fail to focus on me and I come to realize he's drunk.

"I said what do you want?" I spit out, venom lacing my words.

I don't bother trying to be kind to this man anymore. He's always been unnecessarily hard on me, my mom was my savior growing up. Without her I might've ended up like him. I'm glad me and Jaylen don't share the same father.

He glares at me, his weak facial muscles making it look almost humorous if his drunkenness didn't disgust me. He shoves past me, entering my apartment without invitation. He slurs, "Who did you think I was? Another one of your whores? Planning on taking advantage of her as well?"

Despite my anger towards his failure as a parent, his words still hurt me. I push my anger out through my fists, clenching them tightly at my sides, my nails biting into my palms.

"You didn't answer my question," I discard his accusations, knowing he wouldn't believe me even if I denied them.

He burps and collapses back onto the couch. "Me and Giana fought, she kicked me out, so I went to a bar and had a drink or two," His eyes slide to me, hatred evident in the way he looks me over. "This is all your fault." Of course it was about his girlfriend, Giana. When isn't it.

I stay standing at the entrance to the living area, keeping my distance from him. He's never been a kind drunk, then again I haven't been around him since the incident, so I don't know what he'll do.

"How is this my fault? I wasn't even there."

"Shut the fuck up you smartass," He slurs, standing up and wobbling on his feet. He starts to make his way towards me and my heart rate picks up. I look behind me as I back away to make sure I don't bump into anything. He jabs a finger hard into my chest, "Giana brings up the disgusting and inhuman things you did anytime we argue. Blaming me for how you are, that it's my fault you're a monster!"

He shoves me causing me to stumble back, my hip slamming into a table. I wince away from it only for him to shove me again. He continues, "You're lucky the Hansons didn't press charges on you! That poor girl almost died, and it's all your fault! You piece of shit human being, because of you my perfect new life is falling apart!" I almost trip but catch myself. I loosen my clenched fists when I begin to feel my hands tremble.

I know I can overpower him but I can't bring myself to do it. Despite everything he's saying, I still have good memories of him. Some pathetic part of me still loves him.

I manage to ask, "What the fuck are you doing? Stop shoving me!" I bring my arms up when he takes a swing at my head, blocking it successfully. "Are you fucking insane?! Why did you just try to punch me?"

I was too distracted to block the next swing. The slap's stinging pain spreads out from my cheek. The shock making me bring my hand up to where he struck me. The skin is hot beneath my palm.

"You're shit faced. Go home before you do something you regret old man," I say lowly in an effort to reason with him.

He laughs but without humor, "Regret? There is so much I regret." With an evil sneer he looks into my eyes, making me glance away for a moment.