-Epilogue-

Thirteen months later

Adelaide

"Just make it quick," I pout, Jonathan letting go of my hand.

"Five minutes, tops," He laughs, jogging to the food stand down the boardwalk.

It's so beautiful here. It's like a dream I never want to wake up from. Living in Monaco with Jonathan and his family was a extraordinary experience. We had our own place on Valeria's property allowing me to feel what it would be like to be an adult. To be alone without an authority figure to watch my every move. Just me and Jonathan. And lots of naughty activities. Anyways...

If I had the choice I'd build my family here.

Just imagine it. I'd have my own garden on the roof and he would run his personal training business from downstairs. We'd obviously be living in one of those places where we live above our store. Like a two in one.

I wide smile pulls at my lips, any semblance of calmness I was trying to convey out the window in a second.

Today Jonathan took me on an oceanside date at The Champions Promenade. It's a popular tourist attraction so I was worried it would be crowded and busy. I was wrong. It's quiet since it's so early in the morning.

Our second semester at IUM ended a couple days ago and we've been spending our time in leisure.

And oh my god. The view is breathtaking. The weather is perfect. I lean forward on the railing, resting an elbow on it to relax into the atmosphere around me.

I take a deep breath in as a breeze flutters through my hair. I cut it short a couple months ago for the first time in my life. I'm so glad I did. I've had it waist length for as long as I can remember so it being at my shoulders is so different. It's easier to take care of and it's nice to feel the wind on my neck.

I hear rapid footsteps approach me so I turn around, ready for Jonathan to surprise me with a tickle attack when something small smashes into my leg.

A small boy about hip height must not have been paying attention when he bumped into me. Kids and their childlike excitement. I'm envious.

I crouch beside him when he begins to tear up, repeating how his bum hurts from the fall.

"You okay sweetheart?" I ask, offering my hand out to help him up.

His big brown eyes finally look up at me, his frown disappearing, "W-Wow lady. You're really pretty."

My cheeks heat with a blush and I giggle at the compliment. He puts his hand in mine and I lift him to his feet. "That's so sweet, thank you very much."

He nods, his hands moving behind him.

"Where're your parents, hun?" I ask as sweetly as possible.

He turns around and points at a couple running towards us.

"Francisco, there you are!" The woman grabs his shoulder, looking to me with worry. "I'm so sorry, he's just really hyper. That's what we get for allowing him to have cotton candy so early in the morning."