A day in school

Well after the history test with David in the morning, I have to go to my second period which is performing. Now this is the optional class. Most of the students who take it, can control their gifts to an extent, but it also helps those who can't just yet. I'm not going to lie to yall, this class is basically a circus. We all get a routine to practice, and once we learn it, we get put into a show. Literally like once a month we go to the mainland and put on the show for them. I'm aware most people think this is 'abuse of our powers' and 'using them for self gain', but we have fun and it really helps some students. I'll never forget Jane, who left school this year, she could run at the speed on sound. Scared the crap out of some poor man who was just trying to go to the bathroom. She ran around the port o potty so many times the dude started screaming because he thought he was stuck in a tornado. It was hilarious, but she did receive a detention for it. She couldn't stop laughing about it for weeks. I think the teachers were just thankful that it was at the end of the performance. But anyway back to class.

Only my friend Luci had this class with me, and boy is she something. She is amazing at drama, and her ability just helps really. She changes color, and when your trying not to mess up for your part of the script, she will change like bright neon orange. Me and her sit in the back and giggle about this all the time.

I walked in the bronze door of our performing arts center and found my seat in the back of the class per usual. I was the first one in, of course, because history was in two classrooms over. Not much of a walk for me. This class is one of the better ones, however it has my worst enemies in it. And here they are now, they walk in front of me and say some rude comment of how 'my ability is so tiny', or how I'm a teachers pet for being here first. Their names are Amber and Riley, and they are the head of the 'popular group'. They aren't even good at drama either, like the only reason they took this class was to show off, and look for cute guys at the performances. I don't let their comments bother me anymore though, because I know they're false. I mean I am a geek, I love all the nerdy shows and I'm so proud of it. And around here it's not really frowned upon, but I'll tell yall about that later. Anyway after they arrive, others quickly walk in and claim their seats. Luci comes and as always air kisses me. It's nothing new, she does it to anyone and everyone, even if she has just met you.

"Hey girly," I smile as she takes her seat, "how was first class?"

"Hey, and God you know how much I hate Trig," she slumps back as she puts her bag on the floor.

"I hear you, I hate triangles and such"

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure everyone does," she laughs, "so how was history with David"

"We had a test and I'm pretty sure I did ok, but you never know since Mr. Stanger HATES me"

"True, sorry, and that sucks balls. At least your in the class with David."

"That's the one good thing to be honest, I wish I had science with him too sometimes because he's so good at math."

"It's probably because he pays attention"

"Yeah...but....ugh fine I know I just really hate Mr. Stanger"

"Well at least next year you'll have someone different"

"Thank the Gods for that", we laughed and then our teacher shushed everyone.

Even though this is a performance class, we still have to learn the history. The lesson
today is on Romeo and Juliet, JOY. I swear if we have to do a play on it im going to murder someone. Our teacher, Ms. Kim (yes it's her first name, and I don't know why she has us call her that), passed out packets of their dialogue.

Luci leans over, "so who do we know is going to volunteer to start"

I roll my eyes, "Amber of course, and like Ms. Kim says, 'you all should follow her example and participate'" I grin she tries to stop her laughing but to no avail and I giggle too.

Low and behold when Ms. Kim asks for a student to be Juliet, ambers hand shoots up. Instantly for Romeo, all the hot guys hands go up. She smirks at them and asks if she can chose who plays Romeo since she has to act with him. Of course Ms. Kim lets her and she chooses Hank. He's a foot ball player, and is only in this class because he is Amber's boyfriend. When he goes up on stage she 'accidentally' drops her script and bends full over to get it. In the short dress she has on, she basically flashes everyone, and you can tell she's not even wearing underwear. She looks back at him which she does it too. She is such a slut, they are practically doing it on the stage for God sakes. I lean over to Luci and make gagging noises, she giggles and slaps her hand over her mouth to stop a full blown laugh.

After we run lines for what seems like FOREVER, Ms. Kim gives us out the songs, and dances moves we will be doing for this month. Luci squeaks like a chipmunk who has found a hoard of acorns.

"What in good gods name are you so excited about?"

"I got the lead for the ballet part, and I'm dancing to the songs 'not in that way', and 'no love'!"

"Oh my god that's so great, I know how bad you've been wanting this", see Luci is a dancer, a really good one too. She's one of my best friends so I go to her practices when our schedules allow us, and I watch her and help her with things. My favorite is when she does her pointe, it takes a lot of muscle and she does it with elegance. David sometimes comes too and we chat and watch the different dancers. As long as she has been doing dance, she has always wanted the lead, but never gotten it. So I was just as happy as she was at this point.

"Will you come help me train for it?"

"Of course, It would be my pleasure" I did a little fake bow.

We laugh, "thanks, so what part did you get?"

"Oh I doubt I'll get anything special"

"You should"

"Thanks, but let's see who the other two leads are first"

"Oh look it's, as no one would have guessed, Amber"

"Well at least I'm not in there, I couldn't do the techno part she has to do now."

"True, but the other lead is Bren"

"Ouch she has to work with Bren, that sucks. I don't know why he is a lead"

"Yeah, so where are you on this thing"

"It says I'm backstage,....again"

"Hey could be worse, you could be the clean up guy"

We laugh as the bell rings to go to lunch. We grab our stuff and walk to out the class, not before getting looks from Riley and Amber and the rest of their crew.