Pain and Rain

Getting to science class is a challenge. I go through different buildings trying to avoid the rain, damn I'm so late. When I get to class the teacher gives me a beat down of how you shouldn't be late for class, and how it will hurt you grades. I wanted to scream 'it wasn't my fault! It was the man in my head!', but the only good that would do me is I'd end up in the loony bin.

As I took my seat Maxi leaned over, "where were you girl? I didn't even see you at lunch."

I sigh, "I was sleeping. I fell asleep on the couch and Mary nor David decided to wake me."

"That sounds like a rough morning."

"It has been, the worst part is my heads killing me."

"Oh gurl I'm so sorry, I know how bad those get for you when it storms."

"Speaking of, did the storm stop last night, or has it been like this?"

"No it hasn't stopped and it sucks."

"It's not you is it?"

"Hey! Just because I can manipulate the elements, why do u assume it's me?!"

"I'm sorry, I didn't think it was, but I just wanted to check."

"Yeah well, I've tried to stop the rain even, but it just keeps on pouring. At first I thought I was loosing my gift." She looked sad.

I hugged her, "hey its just rain. Remember you never had power over the big rain storms. Your fine, and your gift too, it's stronger than mine."

She smiles now, "I wish, mines only stronger when you let it."

"It got you to laugh though didn't it?" I say with a smile. I do wish hers was stronger sometimes, mines to dangerous.

"Fine. Yes, your right, as always" she bows to me smiling.

"That's right girl. Hail you queen." We both laugh and hen turn our attention back to science.

After science we move to forth and it passes by slowly. The rain never stops, and my headache gets worse. By the time it's over, I can't wait to go home to Mary and David.