Let the Games Begin

Me and Mary slowly make our way back to the cabin. I was thinking about Mary actually. She's has a arm wrapped tightly around waist pulling me to her. I'm still silently crying, so the attention feels nice. She's walking slow, and every now and then glances at me. Her other hand is clenched in a fist.

Suddenly she stops, "can I take you somewhere else? I know you probably don't want to talk to others right now."

"That's fine Mary, lead the way", I look to her.

She nods and confines walking with me.

About twenty minuets of walking through the forest, we make it to the edge of our cliff island.

"I've always wanted to show you this," she says gazing out at the sea.

We're not facing the city,but more ocean. I've never seen this little area, but it's like a little clearing on the side of the cliff. There is a single tree close to the edge, but not to close, it still gives plenty of room to see the stars.

Mary finally lets me go and goes toward the tree. Since it it's still raining lightly, at least it's starting to clear up, she sits on the rocks under the tree.

"Come sit and get dry"

I wipe my face from the tears and drizzle, and go over to her.

She moves over a rock by the base of the tree (it's a werewolf strength thing), and pulls out a big gym bag. My gym bag, "oh my god! Did u take my gym bag?!"

She laughs a little, "ppppffftt no"

I smile frown and try not to laugh, "it says Tessa Sanger on it"

She pulls out two towels and lays them on the ground under the tree. Getting off the rocks and pulling out a blacker she sits on the towels, "well technically it's not your real name."

"N-no, it's not," I say quietly and sit on the towels far away from her.

"Shit," she looks worried, "I'm so sorry Tessa. I didn't mean it."

"But your right. I don't even know would want to be around me now that we know all this," I say in the quietest whisper. No normal person could hear it, but with her wolf hearing she picked it up.

She pats the space next to her. I slowly move to her and she embraces me. Pulling away from it she places a hand on either side of my face, forcing me to look at her. "You are not bad Tessa. Don't ever think that, and know I will always be there for you"

I let slip a few tears and nod slightly, "ok".

She lets me go and pulls the blanket around us. Laying back she says, "you can see the stars great from here".

It's dusk so you can't see the stars yet, but it is still amazing out here. The sky is a mix of blue and an orange-pink.the crickets started to chirp and I lay against Mary. The drizzle comes to a stop when it's fully dark.

I look up to the sky and the stars pepper around the darkness. Some twinkle, some still, it's beautiful.

I look over and see Mary is watching me with a smile, "I told you that you would love it".

I smile along with her. I get cold so I hug her, laying my head on her shoulder/arm.

We lay there talking until we both slip into sleep.

I dream about Zander that night. Although this time he's not calling for me to help, this time he's taunting me. In my head Mary gets up to use the bathroom in the forest, on her way back he takes her. She fights hard, switching to wolf form to protect herself. She lands some scratches, one claw curves itself down the side of Zander's face.

In my head he gets mad, he lassos her with a chain. She howls screaming in pain, a silver chain wrapped around her. Zander drags her back into the woods out of my view.

In my head he next comes to me, he bends over my sleeping form and whispers, "you know where to find me. Come and play my sweet sister." He smirks and walks slowly away.

I gasp awake bolting up right. I sigh as I realize it was a dream. I still look for Mary in the dark, just to make sure.

I feel around, "Mary?"

No answer

"MAry?"

Still only the hum of bugs.

"MARY?!"

Nothing. I jump up. It was a dream I tell myself. Had to be a dream. She must have gone into the forest. I slowly move into the forest, using my phone to give me some light.

I walk for about ten minuets and see blood. There is blood on the freaking ground. I follow it to an area that appears to have more of it.

No body's. I look around at the trees and see some scratch marks.

I trace along them with my finger tips. Too big for a normal animal.

I shiver, "oh Mary," I stand up and clench my fist, "I will find you, I will."

I hear branches snap and bugs making noises, "DO YOU HEAR ME ZANDER?," I turn in circles shouting at the woods," IM COMING, AND IM COMING FOR YOU!"

With that I quickly run off. Out of the woods and toward my cabin, I don't stop. Not until on my front steps. I open the door to darkness, David is probably sleeping.

I step inside, before I shut it I look around and whisper, "let the games begin," and slam the door.