Epilogue

(Third person)

The ground is hard, but the sticks broke the fall, Ms. Millie thinks as she extends her arms out to her sides. Rubbing her head she gets up, being knocked out by Tessa had hurt. Shakily Millie walks around to the front of the building. The students are all on the floor unconscious, Millie can see their chests moving still. Continuing forward she walks down the hallway, and sees a pile of bones. She gasps. No one in this school has the power of fire, she thinks to herself, must have been Tessa. Millie brushes off the creeped out emotion and steps over the body cautiously. She makes her way to her office and looks down and the blood on the carpeted floor. She quietly moves to her desk, a book spread open on it and she says out loud, "This must have been where Tessa stayed."

Suddenly she hears a moan from from her back door. Cautiously Millie picks up the knife laying on the floor and walks slowly to the door, "who's there? Show yourself."

"Please, help," she hears a male voice mumble lowly.

Moving closer she uses her fae abilities to produce a small bit of light since night has fallen fully now. David the angel boy is bleeding on the floor going in and our of life. Quickly Millie drags him into the office and sets him on the lounge chair. Fae are unbelievably strong because using their gift grants them more strength.

Millie observes the damage. She sees claw marks cut deeply into his sides. He's bleeding out. She can't think of who did this, Tessa or Mary, because Tessa's last gift appeared to be fire, and Mary wouldn't hurt a friend.

Millie uses her small healing ability to help his wound. It stops the bleeding, but Millie can't heal it enough to where it won't leave a scar. She quickly fetches David a drink of water from a near by office, and slowly feeds it to him until he becomes more coherent. "David, what happened to you?"

"I-Mary attacked me," he frowns now able to sit up. An Angels immune system works quick once the damage is mainly healed.

"Why?" Millie asks pulling up a chair to sit across from him.

"She wanted to go confront Tessa, or I think it was Tessa, but she didn't act like Tessa"

Millie steeples her hands, "Tessa's ability is to absorb as you know. One of the mind."

David nods and remains silent wanting to understand.

"She knew that her parents were evil, so was her brother. In, I assume, drinking his blood, it helped put the negativity back in her. That blood allowed her brain to absorb the evil, and since Tessa had been thinking how she could be evil, it became true. She thought up a version of herself, an evil version, with the help of the blood. Her gift could be one of the strongest ever known, that's why it's so important for her to learn control. It will take a while, but that's why we need to find her actually. Do you know where she went?"

David frowns some thinking back to the fight, "I think Tessa killed Mary, I heard her scream, and they went somewhere. Tessa had seemed pretty upset after, I had been able to glance as she was walking out the door holding Mary's body."

"Do you know any areas special to just them? Tessa would take her there, she cared deeply for Mary." Millie says getting up from the chair walking out the hallway with David following.

"Well they liked the auditorium." David looked over.

"No, Tessa took her body, which means she is either burning it, or a form of burying it." They pick up the pace out of the office area and toward the trees.

David looks down thinking then abruptly stops, Millie doesn't notice so he runs to tell her. "Mary took Tessa camping to an area on the edge of the island, I think she would be there. I'll take us, Mary told me where it was."

"Ok," Millie follows now as David takes the lead.

After a while the get to the secluded camping hideaway. Millie looks but no one is in the area, not even in the woods part. She walks over to the end of the cliff, and lowers her head looking at the ground when she sees red. "David, David, over here!" Millie exclaims, "there's blood. David I need you to see the past right now."

He nods slowly replaying what had happened earlier in his head. He can see partly into the past, at what has happened in an area where there was a tragic event. A tear escapes from his eye he looks at Millie, "she killed herself, flung herself backwards into the sea."

"No," Millie shakes her head, "I will not believe it till I see her body."

David looks over the cliff and extends his wings, tears dripping down his face, "I'll find her body, I promise. I can't have my friend alone, even in death. No one deserves that."

"I will wait on the beach," Millie nods lightly, eyes watered,"and David..."

"Yes?," he turns back.

"Thank you," she hugs him, then he leaves.

About an hour later Millie sees David reappear in the sky. Getting up from the sandy ground, Millie flags him down with her hands.

He lands close to her and walks near holding a body in his arms. "Sorry I took so long, I also looked for Mary, I couldn't find her body."

"It's ok David, bring my daughter here." Millie kneels on the ground as David places Tessa's body down.

Millie inspects her body and frowns, "David?"

"Yes Ms. Millie?"

"David there are no signs of hanging oneself, or stabbing, and such things like that?"

"Well I'll be. She couldn't have? She would have known, wouldn't she."

"No," Millie smiles, her first all night, "I never told her that, and you don't learn it in a class."

"Well then she can't be dead if she used her gift on herself!" David happily explains. One cannot kill themselves with their own gift. They can only kill others, and others them. "Then Ms. Millie, why isn't she awake?"

"She must have hit her head, or knocked herself unconscious," Millie turns to David, "will you heal her?"

"Of course!" He drops down to his knees and his eyes glow as he spreads out his hands over Tessa. "It is done. She will wake soon enough."

"Well then we should get her home, I want to stay with her."

David nods, "I'll fly you both to our cabin. We can stay there."

David flys them to the cabin, first taking Tessa, then back for Millie.

Twenty minutes of staying close by her side, Tessa finally wakes up.

Dear my beautiful readers,

Thank you for over 500 reads!! I love each of yall, and I couldn't have wrote this without your support. I though you all deserved a proper epilogue even with the ending I gave. I plan to write more about Tessa and her friends in the future, so keep your eyes out for my new stories! I have never liked goodbyes, that's why I try to keep my stories going. With me the story never ends.

Xoxo,
Vic

Ps. Do me a favor and comment, vote, and recommend this story to your friends ;)

Pps. I'm posting the name of the second book.