Davix and My Mystery Man

Later on that night, mom comes to visit us me, Mary, and David. I'm laying on the couch when she comes.

She comes to me on the couch, her face goes worried, "Tessa, what happened to you?"

"Hi mommy, to be honest, I don't know. One minuet I'm fine, the next I have nightmares every night, and my cold has gotten worse. It's like with the rain, the heaver it gets, the worse I'm feeling." The rain has been getting bad, sky's are grab in the day, pitch black at night. There is thunder, lighting, and the occasional tornado that Maxi and those like her have to stop.

She sits down next to me, "oh sweetheart, I'm so sorry. Have you been feeding your gift?"

I laugh but it turns into a cough. I take a tissue and cough into it. I take it away from my mouth and there is blood. "Yes mom, I have read, and read, and read. I even had Mary read to me."

"Tessa, do they know?" She looks at the pointedly.

"Yes. Of course. They are my best friends. Only them two know though." I say, as she leans over and wipes a bit of blood off my mouth.

"Your gift still functions right?"

I look at them, sigh, and hold out my hand with my tissue in it. I stare at the tissue and it moves through the air to the trash can. The last book I read had someone who could levitate things with her mind. Neat party trick really, David still stands in awe but Mary looks more concerned for me than anything.

Mom looks at me up and down, "we might need a dream reader than."

Mary cuts in, "I'm sorry, a dream what now?"

David looks at her, "she said a dream reader. They can see your dreams as you sleep and project them into the air like a movie."

Mom looked at him, "do you know one on short notice?"

David blushes slightly, not much just a light dusting of pink on the tops of his cheeks, "um yeah, my friend Felix is one."

"Call him," Mary says, "I'm going to change really quick , I'll be right back."

Mom sits and pulls my head to her lap, "I'm sorry you feel like this sweetie. I wish my gift could help."

I smile slightly and cough again, "it's not your fault mommy, we even tried to get David to heal me, it didn't work."

She frowns and we wait for Felix to come help.

David comes back about five minuets later, he flew to get Felix. As they walk in the door I catch a glimpse of them holding hands, "care to introduce us David?"

Felix speaks first to David, "it's fine I got it, go make Tessa some soup." He kisses him quickly on the lips and David blushes bright red. Redder than that outfit Luci was wearing Monday. (And that was pretty bad). He turned to me now, "I'm Felix, David's boyfriend."

"It's nice to meet you Felix. I wish I could say David talks about you a lot, but sadly no. But. I would love to get to know you more, and sorry we have to meet like this." I cough-laughed and he did to.

"S-fine really. I know he's a shy one. Thank you and Mary for being so open and friendly, " his fists clenched,"I know some people aren't always."

Mom cuts in, "Ah yes, well I hate to move the meeting along, but I'm worried deeply about my daughter, and was told you could help."

"Yep," he said popping the 'p', "are we ready to start?"

David came back into the room, set down the soup and took his place sitting on the floor across from me. Mary took my hand, and mom had my head in her lap. I smiled softly, "is it going to hurt?"

"That my dear, I won't know til we play the dreams. Sorry I can't do anything about that."he knelt down on a pillow close to the top of my head, "ready now?"

I stared up at mom and held Mary's hand a slight bit tighter, "yes".

He placed his hands on my head. Pointer fingers on my temples, thumbs on my forehead, and I fell asleep.

My mystery man. He was knelt in the darkness, shackles around his two wrists. He head was down and he was groaning in pain. This time I was there. I walked toward him and he picked his head up.

He gave me a pleading look and said , "please. Help me. Please." He said it so broken and sadly. Like he thought I wouldn't be able to hear him. Like he has tried many times before.

I walked up and knelt down in front of him, and I put my hand to his cheek, "I'm here. I want to help you. What's you name?" I say it softly, afraid that speaking to loud will harm him.

He looked shocked, like he has never in his like been spoken to, "my-my name is Zander." He looked back down to his lap, "please don't hurt me."

"I won't hurt you Zander, I'm here to help you. How can I let you out of the chains?" He looks back up and I see a flash of hope in his eyes.

"You must only wish it so miss," she looks down, "only a girl with the gift of the mind can free me, and she has to want to."

"I want you free, tell me what to do."

He looks at me again, pausing before speaking finally, "place your hands around each shackle. Tell the shackle you see me, tell them I'm real, tell them to free me."

"I don't think a shackle will listen to me," I say wearily.

"It will, they were enchanted to hold items, not people. Someone put me in it, it doesn't count me as real so it has to be told by one with a strong mind gift to open."

"Alright," I place my hands on the shackles and tell them to open. At first the don't budge, and I have to keep trying and trying, until finally I'm desperate enough that they open.

Zander slouches over, "thank you," he says so quietly.

I help him up and he struggles. Once he is on his feet I stand and look at him. He smirks now and turns to me, "oh Tessa, thank you. You're ever so kind to little old me."

He slaps me and I jerk awake and scream "NO!" At the top of my lungs.

Then, out of Felix's projection, Zander steps through.

He stands among us in the living room, "it's good to be back".