To the Rescue

I march to David's room. "DAVID, GET YOUR ASS OUT OF BED, WE GOT SHIT TO DO, AND I NEED YOUR HELP!" I shout at the closed door, not bothering to open it.

I hear commotion and things hitting the floor. He opens the door hair ruffled, in boxers with the blanket around his shoulders. He seems angry at first but from my expression he exhales and says, "what in the literal fuck is going on?"

"Me and you are going after Zander, so get dressed," I turn and start to walk away.

"Not to be Debbie downer, but um, why exactly are we going after him in the middle of the night?"

I turn and stare at him, "long story short, me and Mary were camping, and he took her," I walk to my room and pause at the door, "you coming or what?"

"Yeah, yeah," he scrambles at his door to go get dressed.

I look in my closet, let's see, what's the best way to look when kicking some ass. Ah yes, what the hell, I'm dressing like a spy, screw it. I put on black and gold outfit I was going to use for the play. If your behind stage your suppose to use black outfits, David had bought and picked out this one for me. He had wanted me to be as sexy as possible, even if I was only seen on stage once at the end.

(A/n: Tessa's outfit is above, just ignore the hair)

I slip on the outfit and head back to the living room. David's there waiting in black jeans, a black t, and black shoes. Guess he thought of the spy thing too. I grab under the kitchen drawer and pull out my knife I taped there. I slip it up my jacket sleeve and turn to David.

"Why are you bringing a knife?"

"Not all of us know how much they can trust their ability yet David."

"Oh, ok," he nods.

I walk toward the door with him, we step outside, "ready angel boy?," I smirk because I know he hates angel boy.

He hugs me, "tsk, tsk, tsk," he smirks all in the same.

My smile falters, "David..."

"Never tease the ride," he rockets up faster than I've ever seen, or felt him go.

I scream, eventually it turns into a laugh and he smiles along, "I never knew how much I loved flying."

"Nope, never gets old," he smiles easily, "want to try something new I've been working on?"

That is not a good smile but eh what the hell, "sure."

He hovers us in mid air for a second, my feet on his, "so do you like roller coasters?"

"Love them why?"

"Good," he grins. I dont have time to ask him anything before we're going straight up into the sky.

With unbelievable force he pushes me up and let's me go. I'm falling. Barely time to scream when he catches me by my ankles and we fly forward again.

I tilt my head up and he's looking down, "this is not funny David, all the bloods going to drain to my head."

He brushes it off and asks, "ok, so I have no idea where we are going. Care to elaborate Tessa? After all he was in your head."

"Um," I hadn't really thought of that, "I don't think he left the island, and it will be somewhere in the forest part of the island."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive," David gave me a weary look. I'm not sure how I knew, but I did. Maybe because it was in my head, maybe because he wanted me to find him. I don't know, but I know for certain he's on the island.

David kept flying, eventually I seen it, carved on the side of the cliff, is a cave. It has two torches by it. I barely seen it really, it's next to a heavily wooded area of the cliff.

David takes us down, and we slowly walk up to the cave, "you're sure this is a god idea?"

"He has Mary, and he wanted me to come find him," I roll my eyes, "is is the worst idea I've come up with, but I just want Mary safe. It's my fault she's in his mess."

David frowns but I know he understands.

We close in on the cave entrance, "o-oh my god! Is that what I think it is?," I squeeze my eyes shut waiting for David to respond.

"I think it is Tessa, how could someone do something like that?" He covers his mouth with his hand.

As we get closer, it's clearer what it is. The gate on the cave has severed heads tied on it by their hair.

David folds over and pukes. I gently rub his back, "I need to go in to get her. It has to be me, please David, don't follow me."

He starts to protest, "no, no, I can help, I'm the fighter."

"David no. You're a better healer, and plus, I need you here to help Mary when I free her."

He didn't say anything for a while, "fine, ok, whatever," he kissed me on the forehead, "be safe."

I walk up to the gate and all of the heads eyes train on me. I see Sally's and gasp. Her head, and the others, still follow me as I get closer.

"Enter, he's waiting," all of the heads say in union, holding out the vowels.

The gate swings open and I walk inside. For what seems like years I'm in darkness.

I finally reach a opening with light, It takes my eyes a minuet to adjust, then I see her.
Calm and weak, Mary is chained to the wall. I walk slowly over to her, and see the chains more closely. Silver. He skin has marks of deep red and purple where she struggled in them. She has cuts and bruises on her arms and legs. The back of her shirt is torn, and I see what looks like whipping marks.

I reach and tilt her head up. She moans in pain, but she lets me. Her face is dirty and I can clearly see a black eye forming. I need to get her to David.

I use the talent of the latest book I read, a metal crafter (I figured she would be in chains, so I came prepared), and melted the silver away. I took her in my harms toward the exit.

"Please go Mary, I'll be out in a minuet, I just want to destroy the cave. Tell David to come back for me, it's ok, I'm safe," I tell her.

She hesitantly nods and scurries up the tunnel.

I turn back around to the room. I start heating the fire when I feel a sharp sting in the back of my head and all goes back. The last thing I see is a pair of black dress shoes.