Dinner with a side of intervention

(The above is the dress Tessa wears)
I get home to my cabin and no ones here. They said they wanted to talk, so where the hell are they? I search around a little and find a note on the front room table.

Dear Tessa,
I hope your ready to talk to us tonight. We're going to eat out tonight, just me, you, and David. I bought you a dress, it's in your closet along with a pair of flats. Take a shower. Get ready. David's going to come pick you up at 8. I'm out getting me a dress, and going to the restaurant. See you there.
Xxxx,
Mary

Well she sure is determined to help me. It's lovely really, I've always loved my cabin mates. I decide to take her advice and get ready. After my shower I check the time, 7:54. Shit, David's gonna be here any minute, better hurry it up.

I just slip on my shoes when I hear the knock at the door. It's David. "Hey David"

He looks up and down at me, "I'm still pissed you didn't tell us. But we will talk about it at dinner. You ready?"

"I know," I look around out the door, "I am but where's the car?"

He rolls his eyes and sticks out his hand, "hello, I'm David the Angel. I can fly if you didn't know, so I will be escorting you to the restaurant."

"I'm sorry my head is pounding David, I've been this way all day but there's no need to be a smart ass about it."

"It's what you would have done", he says with a smile.

I laugh, "true, true. Let's go."

He opens his arms, and extends his wings. I go and hug him, and he takes off flying. He can only fly people by hugging them, or carrying them princess style. He knows I hate that so he opts for the hug one.

We get to the restaurant in about 5 minuets, what can I say, flying is way faster than driving. We go in and are ushered to our table where Mary awaits.

M(Mary); D(David); T(Tessa) (all in Tessa's pov):

M: She stands to embrace me, "Tessa you look like you were ran over by a truck, than struck by lighting. You ok? David did you fly her to fast?"
D: I did not, she looked like that before I picked her up.
T: I'm fine, I'm fine. My head has been killing me all day, and the constant storming makes it like ten times worse than usual.
D: See It wasn't me, but why didn't you tell someone? Or take an aspirin or something?
T: I didn't think about it.
M: When last did you read?
T: Last night, that's what's so strange. Usually reading takes away the pain, but it's just gotten worse with the storm.
D: Do you think the storm is messing with your ability?
M: David we're in public, not so loud. And Tessa doesn't like to talk about her ability. Do you even fully know what it is?
D: Well no, that's kinda why I asked if the storm was screwing with it. Sorry if I upset you Tessa, I just thought you didn't tell me because you forgot. I mean I know it's strong and has to deal with your reading, but that all really.
M: Hush up, she might not want to tell you now.
T: UM GUYS? (They're talking like I'm not in the room gosh, so annoying)
D: Sorry Tessa, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to.
T: Its fine, you would have found out eventually, and I do trust you. I've been meaning to tell you, I just don't know how to bring that up haha. (Mary puts a hand on my arm)
M: You sure? I know how much you dislike your gift.
D: Yeah, it won't bother me if you don't want to say.
T: WOULD YALL JUST LET ME TALK, God.
M&D: Sorry.
T: I don't talk about my gift, mainly because of what happened when I used it once. That's actually how my parents died, I know I told yall car crash, but I lied. Or at least lied a little. You were right David, my ability does come when I read. You see, when I read, I absorb whatever power the main character has.
D: That's hella cool.
M: (elbows David) sorry keep talking.
T: Alright then. I loved my ability at first, mainly because I love to read. But the thing is, when I get the main characters power, I don't have any control over it. That's what happened to my parents. I was reading in the car when we were driving home, only sixteen at the time. The age we receive our gifts. Now it was a month after my birthday, and I had no idea yet about it. I was reading a book about someone who was able to control the elements.
D: Like Maxi?
T: Kinda. Anyway, my parents started arguing with me about how I couldn't get a car, and go hang with my friends, or something stupid like that. I don't remember it that well. I was angry and had just finished the book. We were all shouting when and earthquake hit, at the time we thought it was normal. My dad, who was driving, tried to stop the car when, but the earthquake caused it to run into a tree. The tree fell on top of the car and pierced his heart and lungs. He died instantly. My mother on the other hand had been hit with the glass, a single long piece from the wind shield in her stomach.
M: (she hugged me) it's ok girl your doing so good.
T: (I was tearing up at this point) I was trapped in the seatbelt, my arm smushed under a part of the front seat. I could barely reach my phone, but I some how did through all the pain my left arm was feeling. I called 911, they said they would be as quick as possible, but I knew it wouldn't be enough. My moms breath was getting shallow. I took her hand in my right one, and gently told her it would be ok. She was crying and told me how much she had always loved me. I tried to get her to hold on, but she was loosing to much blood. I cradled her face whispering I love you. She closed her eyes and didn't open them again. I was stuck in the car with their bodies till the ambulance showed up.
D: Oh my god Tessa, I'm so sorry, I didn't know.
M:(she was stroking my hair) It's ok girl we're right here, we're here it's ok.
T: I'm sorry guys, I can usually compose myself. (Tears are streaked down my face)
D: (he kissed the top of he head) You don't have to go on.
T: No it's fine, I want to. After the ambulance assessed my broken arm, the police questioned me. They asked what had happened to cause such a bad wreck, and I told them and earthquake. The only thing was, they didn't believe me. They told me there was no earthquake activity in more than a year. That's when two people came to get me. They told me I was gifted. One of them was our head master, Ms. Millie. She took me in and raised me until I could attend the school at age eighteen. That's why I call her mom, she's all I have left. She told me about my gift, but not much. She couldn't, she doesn't have mine, shes a fairy. She cared for me, the way no one could. She helped me get over my past. That's why I do so good about every day life, I had her.

After I told them that I asked to use the bathroom. Of course they let me, and ordered for me. I looked at myself in the mirror, I looked like crap. Felt like it too, the crying probably made my head worse, but I couldn't do anything about it. When I went back to the table, I told them about my nightmares. How the boy haunts my dreams, how I can never save him. They sympathize with me, and after well we head home. David flies me first, and I fall asleep right as my head hits the pillow. Hopefully I get a better nights sleep.

I don't.