laura

"You've never been skating?" Ross asks in disbelief. I take a sip of my drink with a smile on my lips.

"I'm from California, I've only had 1 white Christmas ever." I laugh as I put down the coffee beside me on the ledge. Today was so fun, after brunch we rented a boat and bought some food to put in a picnic basket and just stayed out there on the river and drank wine and fed each other grapes-to normal people would sound sappy, but I found it cute. We had to return the boat, so we're sat on the deck of the pier.

"Well now I know where I have to take you this holiday season." He smiles at me, "My family would love you."

I try not to show my shock, bringing up family this soon is scary, but he seems close to them, so I guess I shouldn't make a big deal out of it.

"I've never actually met the family of any of my boyfriends." 

"What?" Now that gets him really shocked.

"Yeah." I confess with a nonchalant shrug, "The relationship either never really made it, or they were just a douche."

"Wow, I'm so sorry they couldn't be decent enough to treat you right."

"Some of them were nice though?"

"But here you are, with me." Ross winks at me, causing me to playfully scoff and roll my eyes as I use my arms to lean back to enjoy the view in front of us. "What about you, how were your past relationships?" 

"My first real public relationship was tough, everyone had to make it team 'against us' or 'for us', which I get is part of being a public figure, but I couldn't even love someone without hate coming their way."

I make a sound of disapproval, but don't interject so he'd continue, "And my past relationship is pretty complicated."

"How so?" I ask. He gives me a genuine smile before looking towards the water as he goes on, "My costar on CAOS, Jaz?"

I nod, signaling my understanding, "We were a thing, and tried keeping it to ourselves for a while, but we decided to come out fully only a while ago. But more and more did I realize how many big faults I was willing to over to be in a relationship with her. When we found out CAOS was getting cancelled, we kinda drifted along with the show. She titled it a break, but I've been trying to distance myself as time goes by so she could get the message, and with us trying to get part 5, I'll have to see her soon."

If I'm being completely honest, I felt pretty uneasy, and some doors seemed to open for me. Why couldn't he just tell her straight up that he didn't want to be with her? Why is he hanging out with me? Are we even boyfriend and girlfriend yet? Does she know that Ross thinks of me this way? I suck it up for now, so maybe I can properly process it later.

"But I'm so glad I found you, cause you make me so happy." He admits as he turns towards me and gently puts our foreheads together. The troubles of the world can wait, but for now, I'm here with Ross.

I needed to add a bit of backstory, so that's why it's pretty short, but here it is! Thank you guys so much for your patience! I might be able to get up to 3 chapters posted today if I finish my school first quickly enough!