ross

I hate being the third wheel more than anything.

We couldn't even take an Uber for me to sit in the passengers seat; Victoria's Secret pushed for free transport as long as the models where here. Laura didn't take up the offer cause she wanted to be able to blend in a bit without being noticed wherever she went.

I was sat at one of the window seats of the limo at least, but even with Kelsey and Ry being as distanced as they could, I could hear Kelsey's angered heart beats in the hard silence filling the back of the limo.

Man, I really wish I could've said goodbye to Laura in person; texting her goodbye through text was horrible. I could tell she was disappointed, but I really have to be there for mom. Thank god she understood.

As soon as the limo pulled up to the airport entry, Kelsey didn't even wait for the chauffeur to open the door; opening it herself, walking in heavy steps towards the trunk to get her stuff. Ry lets out a sigh, causing my heart to ache more.

"I won't say what I wanna say," I tell him as I put my phone in my backpack, "but don't let her continue to step on you."

I go to the back to help our chauffer get the bags out. As soon as Kelsey's bags were all out, she took them and went towards the airport. I can't help the eye roll that comes out as I get our stuff as well. I thank the staff before handing Ry his luggage, and we walk in.

~~~~~~

We as a family rented a small apartment in Arizona for when we'd come back, but we had to pick up mom from the airport first though.

"Mom." My brother cooed as he rushed over to hug mom. The impact of his rush towards her pushed her body a bit back, but she smiled in the hug and embraced him tighter.

"Thanks for bringing my mom over." I shake hands with the man holding mom's bags, him returning the favour. Every time mom has to go by plane anywhere, if none of us can go, we ask a chaperone to go with her.

"Of course." He nods at me, "Feel better Stormie."

"Thanks Dan." She tilts her head up from Ryland's hug to smile at him. Her gaze soon moves over to me. She lets go of Ryland, much to his dismay, to open her arms out to me.

She looks more frail from when I left LA, but her smile looks as alive as ever.

I smile softly at her as I softly drop my bags to hug her, as her arms close around me.

~~~~~

"You scared us mom." Ry admits as he helps mom walk into our apartment.

"Aw I'm sorry Ry." She coos at him as she kisses his cheek, "I'm sorry I had to pry you two away from Paris."

"Don't apologize mom." I reassure her as I bring in the last of our bags, "We had to leave soon anyways."

"How was it?" She smiles up at us as Ryland finally helps me with the bags.

"It was amazing, the views were beautiful." My brother answers her as I close the front door.

"You know that's not what I meant." She smiles as a light laugh leaves her, "How's Kels?"

I hear a breath hitch from Ry as his back stiffens, "Well, she went back to LA while we came over here."

"Did you ask her to?" Mom asks, her tone turning more serious by the second.

"Yes." He answers, almost guiltily.

"Ryland Michael, look at me." She orders him as his head starts to come back to eye contact level with her, "I didn't mind who came, but if you don't want her over here, then that's up to you. You shouldn't feel guilty for her."

He smiles sadly as he sits beside mom on the sofa and snuggles into her.

"How about you Ross, how's your lady?"

I widen my eyes in surprise as I hear Ry's muffled laugh from mom's hug.

"Mommmm" I whine playfully, causing her to laugh as well, "she's not 'my lady'."

"I'm just saying, you two looked very close." She has a smirk on her lips as she shrugs, "Rydel has been catching me up on your headline news."

I can't help the blush that starts to creep on my cheeks, "I'm trying not to rush anything, I'm enjoying my time with her a lot."

"I'm glad." She smiles, "Just don't be scared to jump, because she's worth it."