ross

"I'll see you later." My angel pecks my lips on her tip toes before collapsing back to her natural balance.

I smile at her as I rest against her kitchen island, watching her pick up her purse from a chair near her dining area, and finishing her water she was drinking.

"Feel free to stay as long as you like."

"Like long enough for me to wait for you to come back?" I tease as I follow her out of her kitchen area and into her threshold.

She giggles as she turns around to face me, a smile bright on her face, "I wouldn't complain." She winks, quickly putting on her heels and closing her front door behind her before I can ask for a kiss again.

We spent the rest of the day talking and enjoying each other, before Laura had to start getting ready for her dinner with her family. I know I had to hold back from keeping her around, but she honestly makes me so happy, in a way I didn't think was possible. I felt perfectly content in past relationships, but she just proves to me day by day that there is another level of love that only she can unlock.

I'm aware that I may be moving a bit too quick, in my own excitement and anxiety, but I hope she's okay with it; she seems to be if she also said she loves me back the night before and isn't interjecting my public hopes of loving her forever.

I'm also aware I haven't officially asked her to be my girlfriend yet, but I'm scared that's rushing her too much. I'm already pushing the pace of our new relationship so quickly, and I want her still have room to breathe.

I remember that the stuff I set up for Laura last night is still set up outside it her yard. I put on my jacket from last night to cover me up against the soft rainfall that's continuing to drop, clean up the bowls of food, take down the decorations, put away the movie projector and wet blankets that I'll take to Laura's washing machine.

I check the time, remarking it's only been an hour since Laura left, meaning she'll still be gone for a few more. After loading her washing machine, I decide to take a seat on her love seat in her living area, and talk to some friends.

I check my emails for work, talk to Rocky about a new demo we're working on, until I get a FaceTime call notification from Rydel.

"Hey!" I answer the phone. My eyes widen as I suddenly realize her surroundings.

She gives me a weak smile as the phone's focus suddenly shifts, for me to be met by Capron.

"Hey." He smiles at me as I start to hear some background voices become more prominent.

"She doing okay?" I ask as I sit up in anxiousness, out of instinct.

He nods, "Yeah, she's 5-6 cm dilated? So she's hanging in there."

"Dad's coming in a few minutes." I hear my sister's voice from beside her husband. The camera moves again so that I'm seeing Rydel again, her weak and tired smile filling the screen.

"Feeling okay?"

"I'm so tried, I just wanna push now." She admits with a small groan.

I smile in pity at her, before speaking again, "I'm sorry mom had to be away in Arizona and another hospital, along with Ry too."

"It's okay, as long as mom's getting better." She smiles in defeat, but her features light up soon after, "Riker and Vanni are going to visit before they leave for Arizona though."

"Oh that's good!"

"Mr. Funk, I'm going to ask you to leave the room for a few short moments." Rydel looks up in fright, as I hear Capron ask, "Why?"