laura

"These aren't supposed to sting, are they?" Kelsey wonders as she closes the lid of the face mask.

"No." Stass playfully scoffs, "You probably put too much."

"I'll just take some off then," Kels turns back around, to be face-to-face with her reflection in the mirror, "the whole point of this self care, girls night was to get us looking great for tomorrow."

"I can't believe the show is tomorrow." Alexis gasps out loud, causing us to hum in agreement.

"I know!" I join in, "This is like, the ultimate destination for us as models!"

"Where is there to go from here?" Sav jokes.

The timer on my phone indicates that my face mask is done, and I can wash it off. The rest of the girls continue talking as I wash my face to get the clay off. But even through the water being gently thrown at my face, I can hear a knock on the hotel door. I hear the girl's feet walk towards the door to answer it.

As I'm patting my face dry, I hear Kelsey call me over. "Laur, it's for you, babe."

"Coming!" I call back as I leave the face cloth back on the rack. As I'm walking out of the bathroom, I see the girls grab their purses and head towards the door, where Ross stood, leaning against the door post, as the girls leave one by one.

"You go talk, we'll be in Alexis' room continuing our fun." Sav smiles at me before leaving.

"Hey." Ross finally talks as the door closes behind him, his posture fixing to a straight line.

"Hi." I say, under my breath. He starts to walk over to me, and tucks a strand of hair behind me. At first, I begin to take in his scent, remembering this moment, after not seeing him since forever, but reality soon hits, and I pull back abruptly to look deep into his eyes.

"Don't do this." I whisper.

"Do what?" Ross replies back, copying my tone.

"Don't act like we're all good when we clearly have things to talk about." I imply.

"Shit, Marano, I feel so bad." he admits, his voice becoming normally loud and clear, "I didn't wanna say anything right after I posted those comments cause I thought you'd be upset that I started something with a guy I don't even know, then when I saw the dms you sent me, I didn't know how to bring it up."

"So here I am," his voice going back down to a whisper tone, "to apologize for being a jerk."

"A bitch, actually." I add.

He laughs before agreeing, "Sure, a bitch. Because I don't know if I could go watch you on one of the biggest nights of your life, knowing that you're mad at me, for solely being a huge pussy."

I can't help the laugh that leaves me, as I see Ross creep a smile. "So, can you forgive me?

I nod, causing him to smile. "Anyways, now that your here, you wanna talk?"

"I thought you had to get back with your girls night with the girls." Ross mocks, while wiggling his fingers in front of him, as he takes a seat beside me on the bed that I just sat on.

I roll my eyes before replying, "Whatever, they'll understand."

"Well now we see where your morals lie."

"'Chicks before dicks' is just overexaggerated by the media, I dare you to tell me that you know a guy who hasn't broken the 'hoes before bros' bro code." I challenge.

"Touché." Ross smirks in surprise, "So how've you been since my social media uproar?"

I snort as I put away my phone on the night stand, "Not much, just been denying rumours that my apparent singer-actor boyfriend is a simp for me that he has to defend me from a stranger."

"Urgh do I look that whipped to other people?" Ross groans in defeat as he collapses on his back on the bed.

"No, according to my manager, most outlets find it endearing that a guy still stands up for a girl he likes."

"Who said I like you?" Ross questions, his head still staring at the ceiling.

"The news outlets stupid, have you not been listening?" I mask my offence by retorting back.

No one speaks for a while; just us basking in our silence. Before I make my decision to join the girls in the other room, Ross finally speaks up.

"I didn't mean what I said, by the way." he barely speaks, "I really like you."

"Really?" I try to hide my sudden excitement, as Ross sits up. He nods, before going on to continue, "I'm crazy for you, Laura Marano."

I start to feel my cheeks heat up. I hold them in my palms, as if I could freeze them, and prevent an embarrassing moment from occurring.

"You're blushing."

How can he see me-it's pitch dark, and the bedside lamp isn't even on.. "How'd you know?"

"The moon is reflecting on you." He admits. I swear I see a slight blush on his cheeks before he adds, "You look really pretty."

"If the moon is making me look really pretty right now, I might have to book an appointment for my walk at the show tomorrow night." My desperate attempt to cut a bit of the tension seems to fail, as as soon as I say it, I immediately cringe, and I see Ross roll his eyes before playfully smacking me.

"You just had to ruin the moment, huh?" He laughs, "To think, I was about to kiss you."

I won't lie, that knocked the air out of my lungs, "Well, no one's stopping you know."

He smirks, clearly getting my hint, before teasing back, "I don't really know, now, you kinda killed my excitement."

"Mine isn't." I say quick enough so he wouldn't expect me coming on to him. Although our lips did end up smacking against each other, there was a huge force that even I, who initiated the kiss, got taken aback from. And damn, it was a good kiss. Ross was clearly surprised, which made me smirk for a quick second, until he got into it too. We both sunk into it, and enjoyed each other's presence, but it was still heated, with need. There was no one leading it, it was just us, there, together, finally relieving the tension that's clearly been there since the first thirsty comment Ross left on my Instagram. I don't even think I'm exaggerating when I say it was probably one of the best kisses I've ever had.

When we pull back, he gently holds the back of my neck to rest our foreheads against each other, as we both catch our breath together, until we both have the same rhythm.

"I'm gonna call you angel." He suddenly speaks.

"I get it, from that stupid dm you sent." I bring up, but I can't help the annoyance that leaves me.

"No, because you're my safe place, my comfort; my angel."

GUYS I DON'T DESERVE TO WRITE THIS CHAPTER, I'M TOO SINGLE 😂😭 nah but could you see my single-ness seep through?? LEAVE YOUR THOUGHTS BELOW/VOTE PLS THANKS!!

gn angels ;)