Chapter 15 - Wei Ying pt2

"Wei Ying, disperse the energy."

The tone was calm and reassuring but matter of fact.

"No!" Wei Ying cried. "I won't!" His voice trailed off, suddenly sounding much frailer.

'No. I can't show them. I can't make them see what I went through, I can't hurt A-Cheng like that' he thought.

"What are you talking about? I don't understand! What energy?" Jiang Cheng had faded into the background, forgotten by the others.

"You don't want to see." Wei Ying's voice was raspy and broken, the cracked notes perceivable as sobs.

"Wei Ying..."

Wei Ying had retreated curling into himself. He was shaking. It had gone unnoticed earlier but was becoming increasingly apparent, his entire body slightly jerking and twitching due to his agitation.

"NO"

"Shixiong?"

It was as if Wei Ying was fighting a battle inside. An inner turmoil between to contrasting consciousnesses. Suddenly, it was as though he had snapped.

"Fine," he whispered, "If you care so much you can see." As he spoke the facade that had cloaked his body began to flicker and fade, each small segment revealing a hidden sensitivity.

He continued. His voice rising and anger and withheld emotions spilling out.

"You can see where they beat me, where their dogs tore off parts of my flesh, where the infections set in, where I painstakingly stitched myself back together, where I am crippled, where I can no longer see through my eyes, where the scars will never heal. But it's okay because I'm fine. I'M FINE"

A single tear rolled slowly down his face as he shook.

The sight in front of the two men horrified them. His face was sallow and gaunt against his jutting cheekbones, split by the huge ugly scar that passed through his left eye to his jaw. Eyes sunken and white. Fully white. Blank and unseeing. His clothes hung lose where they had previously hugged his figure- once muscly and youthful but now emaciated and shrunken. Messy stitching and scars interlaced over every inch - huge bite marks, welts, burns that would never heal. His hair was ragged and uneven but tied as neatly as possible into a ponytail.

Every breath he took seemed laboured and painful, every movement should have caused him to double over in pain. But he didn't. He stood there unflinching. Numb.

-------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hi. Here is an update, sorry it is so short. I actually wrote this chapter a while ago but I was debating on whether it fit (in terms of Wei Ying's character, I wasn't sure whether the outburst would fit his personality...) however I decided that the 'out of sorts' behaviour would just provide an insight into his fractured mentality as opposed to just internalising it. As always, I hope you enjoyed and please vote and comment!