Chapter 36

3rd Person POV

Wei Ying gave the boy a quick check up before leaving him to his family. It was one of the best feelings to know that he had finally done it and a huge, stifling pressure that he had previously not noticed had lifted. Seeing his friend and his sister happily reunited filled him with joy because he knew how much they had missed one another. He often saw himself in Wen Qing and her relentless care and protection of her brother and even took them as his own biological family. He would never replace his Shidi and Shijie - he loved them more than the world itself - but he knew he would die for his new family and they filled a space he didn't know was empty.

Lan Zhan walked along beside Wei Ying as they began the trek home. Wei Ying was unusually quiet, too quiet for Lan Zhan's liking. He understood the feelings that must be going through the boy's head but knew it was best just to let them pass. After about five minutes of walking, Wei Ying stopped which confused the Lan because they were still a while away from home. Looking round, the boy looked a bit peaky and pale with small lines of sweat dripping from his temples.

Before he could inquire what was wrong, the boy doubled over and let out a cry of pain before staggering over to the side of the path and violently throwing up. Lan Zhan rushed over and held his hair back from his face until he was done. Questions ran through his mind: was Wei Ying okay? Should he get Wen Qing?... As if sensing the distress Wei Ying finally stood up and turned to Lan Zhan.

"Don't worry Lan Zhan, I'm totally fine."

---------------------------------------------------------------

Wei Ying was not totally fine. In fact, with an amazing sense of timing, the boy them proceeded to immediately pass out in Lan Zhan's arms. A slew of unforgivable curses ran through his head before he got himself together, carried Wei Ying bridal style and ran to go find Wen Qing.

Wen Qing was not too far behind cheering and congratulating, her big smile removing itself from her face upon seeing Lan Zhan's worried face and Wei Ying's prone figure.

"I don't know what happened. He was fine and then he just clutched his stomach in pain and began to throw up. Immediately after he collapsed." Recounted the man in distress. 

Wen Qing quickly led them all to the make shift medical bay and began to examine Wei Ying. There was some mild bruising from Wen Ning's blow earlier that looked worse than it was, but otherwise, everything was as she predicted. She forced a couple of tonics and vitamins down him before telling Lan Zhan the prognosis.

"Don't worry to much, they're both fine. I told that idiot not to run around too much but he never listens to me. Some times I think I might as well be talking to a wooden plank because at least that would stay still. He'll probably wake up in a few hours."

Lan Zhan breathed out a sigh of relief. Wei Ying would be okay. Wait... 'they'. They as in not just Wei Ying. What.

"What do you mean 'they'?" He blurted before he could stop himself.

"Oh, I guess he didn't tell you. He's pregnant with your child."

Lan Zhan fainted.

"Oh for god's sake, not another one." Exclaimed Wen Qing.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Opening his eyes, Wei Ying could see the scenery of the medical bay. Lovely, he must have passed out again. Oh well, nothing to unusual. He went to sit up alerting an extremely nervous and worried Lan Zhan.

"Wei Ying your awake."

"Lan Zhan what are you doing here. You should have just joined in with the celebrations or whatever they will undoubtedly be doing."

"No, I stayed here with Wei Ying. Wei Ying is more important."

"Gosh Lan Zhan, you really know how to be romantic don't you."

Again Wei Ying tried to sit up before Lan Zhan pushed him back and protested at him.

"Let me do it, straining yourself will be bad for the baby."

Lan Zhan gently lifted the boy into a sitting position and propped him up against some cushions. How did Lan Zhan know thought Wei Ying.

"Who told you about the baby?" Inquired Wei Ying forcefully

"Wen Qing"

"OH I'm going to kill her! That was my news. I was supposed to tell you."

Wei Ying tried to get out of bed but was blocked by Lan Zhan.

"Wei Ying, calm down."

"Well, I suppose the cat is out of the bag now. Lan Zhan we're having a baby!"

But the response that came was not what he had expected.

"I'm sorry Wei Ying."

-----------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Ooh suspense. What do people think is going to happen now? Sorry for the short update and the long wait. I will try to update soon. Please vote and comment!