Chapter 12 - Let the Games Begin

The tributes were all sent bright and early in the morning to a special facility that the Gods themselves had constructed. Not a single one of them got even a second's worth of sleep, so they were all groggy and drowsy.

The facility they were in was metallic and futuristic looking. All they remembered was suddenly appearing in a small, nearly empty room with nothing but a cold metal chair, a weird looking tube, and small pile of clothing. No weapons or food. 

A female voice coming from an unseen source said in a monotone voice, "Tributes. The games will begin in approximately five minutes. In these five minutes, please dress in the clothes provided. You have already been searched for any possible weapons, and all jewelry and others have been removed. When there is thirty seconds left, please board the tube and do not move until the bell goes off. Good luck, tributes, and may the Gods be ever in your favor."

So the tributes did just that, placing on their clothes quietly, the sounds of their hearts beating filling the room. 

The outfits were all the same. It was complete with an insulated jacket and cargo pants, perfect clothing for camping and cold nights. 

The voice continued counting off. At thirty seconds left, each tribute boarded their tube and watched the room disappear from their view as they went up. And as they went up, sun blinded their eyes. When they were finally in the arena, their eyes all fixed on the same thing, the cornucopia in the center with all the weapons and supplies needed for their survival. But they should have been looking at the scenery. It was nothing they had ever experienced in their lives. 

"Five," the voice counted off, "four, three, two..." The last number was inaudible as they all prepared to sprint forward towards the cornucopia and elsewhere. It was as if a silence had fell over everyone after the first number was called. Of course everyone moved frantically, some to the cornucopia and some to shelter. 

Clarisse and Edward, the Mars tributes, immediately went for the cornucopia. Edward got his hands on an axe and easily killed two tributes as they attempted to get supplies and fight back. He hacked them to bits. Two tributes already dead. Clarisse went for her favorite weapon, a replica of her spear, maimer. She stabbed one tribute in the back before they could even turn around and see who killed them. 

Erin found a knife in the sand and sent it straight at Louis. It killed him instantly, stabbing him in the stomach as he tried to run away. But seconds later, Erin was killed by Edward's ax. It went straight into her head, right into her brain. She fell dead, slumped over. 

Percy decided to go against Annabeth's will and went straight for the trident and a backpack while Annabeth gritted her teeth and found a knife, fighting off Clarisse. "I can finally kill you, wise girl, "Clarisse said maliciously as she cornered Annabeth into the cornucopia. Annabeth attempted to dodge a stab, but got her left arm bleeding horribly. 

"Percy," she cried out, trying to clutch her arm while warding off Clarisse. 

But Percy was busy; Edward was swinging his axe everywhere and at anyone, with his latest target being Percy. Percy got to the trident just in time, and gave Edward a solid stab in the thigh. Edward dropped his axe and growled at Percy. "I'll kill you Jackson, I swear to the Gods, I will kill you." 

Percy couldn't hear him though, he was too busy sprinting towards Annabeth. Clarisse smiled viciously as she brought down her spear. Percy jumped in front of her just in time, taking the spear in his side. Annabeth let out a cry, one the heavens themselves would hear and kicked Clarisse in the chest, sending her back.  But Percy was in no condition to move. His side was nearly gushing blood into the sand. It was like pain had experienced before, so Percy forced himself to move. 

Together, Annabeth and Percy sprinted out into the desert sun, sweating as they went, but not caring, considering they were both alive.

Meanwhile, Clarisse took out her anger for Percy and Annabeth on Leo and Aelia. She fought them both off furiously, nearly killing them without hesitation as they went. All Leo wanted was a backpack, he didn't want a weapon or anything, just a backpack to survive. While Clarisse was distracted with Aelia, Leo ran off by himself, but soon enough found Piper in step with him. "Where are we going repair boy?" she asked, panting.

"Anywhere but here," Leo replied, swinging the small backpack over his shoulder. 

Edward got into a fight with Jason, which was a huge mistake. Jason, in the end, just shot him with lightning to make him stop trying to kill everyone. It wasn't strong enough to kill him, but it was definitely strong enough to knock him out. He didn't see the direction Piper went in, but he knew she was alive, and that was all that mattered to him. Suddenly everything around Jason faded, the ants boring into his eyes. 

Hazel and Nico didn't bother with supplies. They just ran, as far away as they could.

Thalia remained by herself. Artemis had taken away her immortality for the games, as demanded to by her father. She grabbed a couple of knives and a back pack before anyone noticed her. 

About half an hour after the bloodbath at the cornucopia, five canons sounded. That's five tributes dead. A short anthem played, and the symbol of the Gods was projected into the skies. They showed who died in chronological order with their faces and Godly parent shown as well

First was Damien Flannegan, killed Edward's axe. One son of Vulcan dead.

Second was Faye Mitchell, who was also killed by Edward's axe. One daughter of Venus dead.

Third was Liam Sampson, who was killed by Clarisse's spear in pursuit of a bow and arrow. One son of Apollo dead.

Fourth was Louis Harris, killed by Erin's knife. One son of Mercury dead.

Fifth was Erin Bekcham, who was killed by Clarisse's spear. One daughter of Mercury dead. All of Mercury's tributes were dead.

The anthem played again, and the projection appeared once more before the sun resumed it's overwhelming brightness and heat.

--

A/N: So many dead, it's so sad :'(

What really breaks my heart about this is how Erin was the only one Louis could trust, and she was the one who ended his life. 

Sorry for not a lot of details, it would have broken me down to pieces if I did. For the next chapter, 2+ votes please.

Thanks for everything, and I hope you all have a spectacular year!

-Em