Chapter 36 - The Wires (Day 9)

Percy hadn't felt so at peace in days. His bones didn't seem to ache as much, ever after the Gods had supposedly revitalized them. The throbbing pain of knowing his fate seemed to numb as he spent most of his time relaxing in the isolated cave.

Unfortunately, renewed happiness brings new reason to be angry. It really is needless to say, but him and Annabeth got in several fights over the stupidest things. They often wouldn't last for more than a few minutes, being only human to argue. Percy certainly didn't mind them any way, knowing they'd end up with impassioned kisses and hormones going through the roof. 

Annabeth had been out of the cave for only half an hour, searching (well, most likely hunting) for morsels of food. Despite that, they only required a normal estimate of food due to their elongated encounters, so to speak.

Percy began to wonder what Annabeth would be like with pyrokinesis or something insane like that. It's hard to imagine someone as feisty and fearless as Annabeth with even more power than she already possessed. She held her own, never failing to utterly amaze her boyfriend.

Boredom growing, Percy stretched for a moment. His thighs siezed, almost causing him to fall as he lifted himself onto his feet. He clamped onto the rocky wall of the cave, preventing himself from collapsing. It had been too long before he had even been out of the cave. Maybe he missed it, the action of it all. The monsters who would constantly threaten his life, the constant fear of attacks...He chuckled to himself. Years upon years had passed since he hadn't experienced the trauma of being a halfblood. Getting a break, for even a little while, was the best thing that had ever happened to him. 

Before he went to lie down again, Percy analyzed the cave wall. There was a thumping against it, but it was inconsistent. Someone, or something was trying to break in. 

--

Leo gathered Aelia's hair from her eyes, watching her carefully. 

"Are we almost there?" she asked, peering up towards the son of Hephaestus.

He nodded, "Just a couple more hits."

Aelia continued sawing through the branch with all of her focus. "Still have no idea how this even got in here. It's kind of ridiculous."

"You'd think the Gods would be a little bit more knowledgeable," Leo agreed, sighing slightly. Even with battered hair and dirt-covered skin, Aelia still managed to glow with the light of her father. 

They turned their heads in unison when they heard a gasp from the trunk of the tree. "The Gods can see you two, you know!" Piper yelped from below. "My mom might be the Goddess of love, but even she'd be slightly MORTIFIED!"

They made eye-contact for a moment, registering Piper's comment. Leo knelt down and then released Aelia's hair. "TEAM LEO!" he shouted at her, sticking out his tongue playfully.

At that same moment, Aelia cringed. "We're definitely being PG!" 

"You're disgusting!" Piper faked a gagging motion. "You can get sucked off when we're out of you, you know!"

Leo laughed. "That's not what you told Jason!" 

Piper turned red, absolutely infuriated. "I swear to Gods, Valdez. There we be a day where-"

"A day where you what?" A new voice entered the mix.

The three demigods turned their heads all at once, astounded to see a golden boy standing in a single beam of light. His hair seemed paler and blonder than ever; his eyes piercing with brightness. Aelia leaped down from the tree, cautiously approaching the new arrival. "Jesus, are you a God now?"