Chapter 5 - Training (Part 1)

VULCAN (Hephaestus) TV Coverage on the Demigod Games - Training Update

18 tributes. Only one can live.   

May the Gods be ever in your favor. 

Mercury/ Hermes: Welcome to Vulcan TV, with your host, no other than Mercury.  For the next month, we'll be covering everything Demigods games! For the first week, the tributes from each God or Goddess will be training  here, at Mount Olympus.  We'll tune in now to Mars who is training the tributes right now. Mars?

Mars/ Ares: Shut up, Mercury,  Mars here, the almighty war God.  All eighteen of the tributes are here right now, but they're about to be beaten down by my training, with the exclusion of my children.  *snickers*  Among the weakest here is the Jackson kid.  

Percy (from background): HEY!

Mars/ Ares: You know it's true, Jackson.  The clear winners of this will be my children, so I can't wait to see the rest of your children annihilated. Training begins now, au revior.

--

Percy decided prior to even arriving at the empire state building that Annabeth was the only person he could trust, despite all of the friendships he had made over the years.  What good would they be in a fight to the death, where only one can truly live in the end?

From across the training area the Gods had conjured, Percy could see Jason and Piper standing alone, clearly standing by the same tactic that Annabeth and Percy were. 

Seeing the son of Zeus made him nervous, knowing all the power he held.  He was even more nervous of Thalia.  She was talking with a girl Percy had never seen before.  The girl had the same green eyes as him, and the same jet black hair.  It was strange how much they looked alike.  

They made eye contact, green orbs meeting each other's gaze and held it, unable to tear themselves away from it.  Something stirred in the pit of Percy's stomach.  He felt like there was some connection with her, though he could not place his finger on it.  

"Alright, half bloods, line up here.  You're going to receive standardized training clothing.  Only to be used in this area for your training, understand?" Ares entered the area with his hands shoved in his leather coat's pockets.   "Jackson. Ten Push ups. Now."

Percy threw his hands up in confusion.  "Why?" he barked.  "Why should I have to take orders from you? I beat you when I was just twelve." Percy knew he was going to regret the last comment.

"Have it your way, Jackson," the God grinned maliciously, then lifted his shades from his eyes.  "Two hundred push ups."

"No-" Percy felt a weight push him the ground, knocking him off his feet.  He looked above him to see Clarisse towering above him.  He could see all of the brutish features her and Ares shared. Annabeth rushed over to him, but was blocked by a tribute's arm.  It had to be Ares' other tribute with his harsh smile and brute look.  They guy looked like a drill sergeant with his buzz cut and toned muscles.  He was pure strength.

"Two hundred pushups, Jackson," Clarisse snickered as she watched Percy struggle to get to his feet, only to bring him down again.

Percy looked around at the other tributes, the ones that didn't want him to suffer, yet. They all looked like they wanted to stand up to him, but couldn't revolt in anyway.  Accepting his defeat, Percy muttered, "Fine," and started doing his push ups.  He was fine until he got to thirty, that was when his arms started aching.  Ares and his tributes cackled at times as they watched Percy struggle.  The others gave him looks of sympathy and encouragement.