Chapter 16

It was now December and there was only 15 days till the wedding. Odin agreed to help you and Loki plan the wedding accordingly so you are able to have the best wedding Asgard has ever seen.

You decided to invite Thor and Tony to the wedding as after all Thor is going to be your brother in law and Tony, well let's just say you've always had a soft spot for him since you helped him capture Loki the first time.

Everyone is Asgard was excited for this celebration, even though you and Loki may have caused a lot of Asgardians trouble when you were younger they were all willing to forgive and forget and help celebrate this glorious day.

It was a beautiful morning on Asgard like it always was and you heard a knock on the door, it was Loki. "Good morning my queen" He spoke as he kissed you gentle.

"Morning Loki" You sounded cheerful.

"Odin wishes to speak to us, it sounds urgent. How quick can you be ready" He told you.

"I'll be ready when I'm ready Loki. Odin will have to wait" You laughed.

"Well don't keep him waiting to long darling" Loki said as he walked back out of the room allowing you to get changed in peace.

...

You were finally dressed, wearing your normal clothes that the maids pick out for you.

You and Loki made your way to the throne room to go and talk to Odin about this urgent matter. you walk in hand in hand and kneel in front of the all-father.

"Please there is no need for that, the future King and Queen shouldn't be kneeling for an old fool like me" Odin announced.

"Future King and Queen?" Loki asked.

"What?" You were confused.

Odin stood from his throne and walked over to you both. "My son, my time is coming. Your mother she calls me and when I'm gone I need a worthy successor of the throne" Odin told the both of you.

"Mother calls you?" Loki questioned

"Loki my time is coming. I will be gone after your wedding" He told him.

"What, why?" Loki looked sad.

"I may be a God, but we come and go and it's my time" Odin repeated himself.

"Wouldn't you much rather have Thor and Jane as the King and Queen of Asgard?" You asked Odin.

Odin scoffed at the idea. "We all know my opinion on Thor and Jane my dear"

You and Loki laughed softly. "You and Loki shall rule Asgard together"

"But fath-"

"No Loki, you need to accept this and prepare yourself" Odin interrupted him.

You could tell Loki was sad as his skin was getting cold and his eyebrows were furrowed.

"My boy, do not be sad. I will get to be with your mother again that's all that matters to me" Odin admitted.

Loki couldn't bring himself to speak so he nodded.

"You and Y/N will get married  and be announced the new King and Queen of Asgard and then..." He paused. "I will take my journey to Valhalla" He continued.

Loki still couldn't talk. "Loki it's okay, you can go I've got this" You whispered into his ear.

Without hesitation Loki left the room. The door slammed behind him.

"Don't worry Odin, he will come round eventually"

"He's always wanted the throne, why does he not want it now?" Odin asked.

"I think he's just shocked that's all, the death of Frigga is still painful for him, he doesn't talk about her much but I know how much he misses her" You told Odin.

"My dear, you and Loki will make good leaders, just know me and Frigga will always be watching over you"

You smiled softly at Odin. "Go after Loki. He could probably use you right about now" Odin told you.

"Yes will all know what he is like" You both laughed as you made your way back to your room.

...

You went back into your room and heard glasses smashes and the screams of Loki. You were to scared to go in so you waited for it to go quiet. And after a while it did, you knocked on the door and entered.

You saw Loki in his true form all cold and blue. He threw a glass at the door as it opened as he thought it was a maid coming into the room.

The glass hit you, you whimpered in pain. Loki came running over. "My love. I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to" Loki looked into your eyes and immediately realised what he looked like, he turned away so you couldn't see him. You said nothing, you just hugged him tightly.

He hugged you in return. "It will be alright Loki, he will be with Frigga" You tried to comfort him.

He didn't speak, he just buried his head into your shoulder. "Just think of what we could do to this place and how proud we could make Odin and Frigga" You told him.

He still didn't speak but you felt a smile form. "I know you have great ideas, Asgard will be prospering once again" You told him.

Loki lifted his head and cupped your face ever so gently. "I suppose you're right" He admitted.

"I know I'm right. Now come on lets get this cleared up shall we?"

Loki calmed down and the blue slowly left his skin. You and him began to clear up the mess he just made in your room.

"But your face" He said.

You used your powers to heal yourself. "Don't worry... it's just a scratch"

Loki smiled softly at you and continued to clean the room.