Resolve

The early light of dawn disturbed him. Arthit opened his eyes to look at the ray of light stealing through the gaps of the heavy curtain.

Yes, he was a deep and a heavy sleeper. He could easily fall asleep anywhere as long as he had two minutes to doze off. His friends teased him about it; his mom would get annoyed about it; his lover found it cute. No matter what anyone said, sleep was paramount to him.

Yet, this early morning he was the first one to wake up with the first light. It was, after all, a new dawn in his life. A new phase. A new beginning! A beginning, that came after a lot of ups and downs. A beginning, that comes in everyone's life, but to each, it's special. To each, unique.

He could see specks of dust flying in the ray of sunlight peeking through the gap. It felt magical. Though mundane, today, looking at it, made him feel emotions he thought he was void of.

"What the fuck am I doing, thinking about sun rays and dust motes?" he smiled to himself, shaking his head.

His lover, sleeping next to him, was disturbed by his tiny action. Mumbling something incomprehensible, he turned towards him before nodding off.

He smiled again. His lover was so in tune with his actions that the smallest of gestures were reciprocated.

Looking at the light, he sighed and turned towards him in his embrace, his head pillowed on his lover's arm

Looking at the light, he sighed and turned towards him in his embrace, his head pillowed on his lover's arm. On his Kongpob's arm. Yes, his Kongpob. They truly belonged to each other now. He shifted gently and looked at the face that has been the source of angst initially and now immense joy through his third year.

Gently lifting his hands, his fingers lightly skimmed over his lover's face touching each feature with feather-light touches. His eyes moved along with the movement of his fingers, taking in and memorizing each detail of the handsome face.

His eyebrows were thick and black and framed his face well. His lashes appeared longer when his eyes were closed; his sharp nose; his prominent philtrum; his lips. All were part of a mesmerizing package.

Though he would never admit to it openly, he loved Kongpob's eyes and lips. His eyes captivated him with his undisturbed, dedicated gaze. He complained to his lover that he stared too much, but never once did Kongpob waver from showing his sincerity and love through his eyes. And his lips. 

Though seemingly ordinary, his lips were a path to heaven itself. Those ordinary, or what people called normal lips, (yes, Arthit had looked it up online, that's how obsessed he was about them) had given him pleasure to the point of insanity. Insanity because never in his wildest dreams had he imagined he would ever let a man do things to his body that his lover did to him. Especially last night.

Inhaling his lover's scent, he sighed deeply.

"I love you, Kong!" he whispered softly, barely audible, "thank you for yesterday."