Revelation

"Are you breaking up with me, P'? Is that why you are behaving like this? Is that why you have called me here? Are you politely trying to cushion the blow?" Kongpob asked, alarmed! His expression changed, looking like he would cry any second now.

"What? No! No! No! Kong, why would you think that?"

"P', you have not met me post your birthday. You are always busy whenever I have asked you out in the last fortnight. Maybe you realized you don't like me!"

His eyes were becoming bigger as his mind cooked up these scary scenarios. He was close to hyperventilating. His heartbeat became rapid, and sweat broke out.

"Was it too much? What we did on your birthday? Is that why you are avoiding me? Did what we do that day make you uncomfortable? Or have you realized that I am not worth the trouble? Is that why you have called me here? Or has talking to P'Sathit changed your mind? Did he tell you we are wro...mmphh."

Arthit kissed him, effectively stopping his tirade. He gently kissed his lover until he felt him relax and respond to the kiss. Pulling back, he looked into his eyes and placed a quick kiss on his forehead.

"My God, Kong! Your mind, and your overactive imagination," shaking his head, Arthit smiled tenderly, Kongpob heaved a sigh of relief.

"You are not breaking up with me?" he shook his head.

"Thank god! Sorry, P'. I know I was being silly. Once the idea came that something is wrong, I couldn't stop. I am sorry for overreacting," he mumbled, shamefaced, as he pulled him closer, holding him tight.

"Kong" Arthit sighed his name. There is so much he wanted to tell him.

"What do you think of this room?"

Surprised at the sudden change in the topic, Kongpob blinked.

"It's lovely, P'. I love it. Someday, I would like to book us a room like this to relax and have a holiday. It's warm and cozy. P'Sathit must be having a good time here."

"Kong... there is no P'Sathit"

"Huh?"

"I mean, there is a P'Sathit, and he does live and work in Singapore, but he is not here in Thailand at the moment."

"Huh?"

"I called you here."

"Huh?"

"Are you going to say anything other than that?"

"Huh?"

"Apparently not"

"Huh?"

"Hey Kong... snap out of it!" he flicked his forehead.

"Ouch, P'... Okay! Okay! Let me get this right. There is no P'Sathit? Here, I mean?"

Arthit nodded, smiling.

"You called me here?"

He nodded again, smiling wider.

"Why?"

"Ughh!! This guy!! Tell me, how are you the smartest guy in your batch if you can't figure out that much?"

"P', I am honestly confused."

Deciding now is a good time as any, Arthit stood up, pulling Kong with him, led him to the closed door.

"Lead the way," he directed Kong ahead and closed the bedroom door behind him.