Chapter 8 - Reasons Why I Want to Have Insomnia

Chapter 8 – Reasons Why I Want to Have Insomnia

Don’t ask me how did I get here, I have no idea how. Everything is black, this is the exact same thing I experienced before. It has been a few seconds, and nothing is happening around me, until all of a sudden, a spear appears in my front. It is floating, and it is about to stab me the time I saw it.

A rhino-headed monster appears, wearing an armor which is made of bones. It is holding the spear, the spear which is going to stab me. My body moves with reflexes, I stand aside, evading the spear.

A cloak sprouts from my neck, followed by a robe, a staff, a sword, and a growth of height.

I’m again, the same man as before. The one they call “Demexus”. The crazy man who thinks he can survive the thousands of monsters from the bottom of a mountain. I draw my sword, swing it, dodging another attack from the rhino head.

Clouds form from above, the black nothingness glows color, revealing an orange sky. The floor turns to dust, as elevations form exposing the mountain height. The whole black void I was in before became a scenery of a bright mountain peak.

The rhino head hacks his spear, I duck with unbelievable skill evading it, as I stab him with my sword that pass through his armor. After I stab him, he quickly turn into black winds, like he’s just a fading dust.

If you’re not asking, those are not me, and those are not my moves. If I really own this body, then I could have been stab many times in the chest. Yes, I can’t control this body. I just can’t, someone is controlling it for me.

I look at the surroundings from the mountain, I can see a dragon soaring through the winds, chasing after some people with bat wings, some have bird wings, and some are flying for no apparent reason. As I remember, that dragon was once a lizard, and someone is controlling it . . . Someone named, Zygranee? Something like that.

Monsters appeared around me, each and every kind, like men are merged with any other animal. They carry weapons with them, and they are killing people, people are also killing them.

I can see the war, an army of sorcerers versus the legendary creatures. I can see flames, explosions, whirlwinds, tidal waves, many more spells that are too complicated to describe. Monsters has their own way of fighting, some grab boulders and throw them, some use their mouth and breath gas, some have streams of acid coming out from their hand.

I sway my staff, it is coated with black diamond, silver vines is tangled around it, and there’s also a violet orb glowing above it—also tangled with vines. The orb spins rapidly, as I close my eyes and whisper a spell. “Hel-hi-septum.”

I’m not sure what this guy did, but I’m pretty sure it’s powerful. I feel a lot of force around me, a lot of heat, energy, and power. As I open my eyes, every single monster are gone, and the air is filled with black winds.

The whole place is cleared of monsters, but I’m sure more from the bottom are about to come.

“Demexus.” Someone called.

I turn to look at him, it’s the guy with the golden eyes (like Charl), wearing a golden beast plate, a helmet, and a black sword in his hand. If you are going to ask me, I never have seen any stone which is colored as black— aside from charcoal.

“Our people, they can’t stand any longer.” He said. “Some of us are already retreating, going home to their families and their love ones.”

“Let them go.” I said. I’m still being bugged by this manly voice I have right now.

“But Demexus—“

“The less we have, the greater we are.” I declared. “The less we have, the less they kill.”