Chapter 15 - Behind the Walls. (Part 1)

Chapter 15 – Behind the Walls. (Part 1)

Focus Daniel, focus.

Don’t let your emotions take over you.

The three of us are trembling in fear . . . pain. We saw enough. We saw enough to know that monsters are deadly, and gods are worse.

The door to success is standing right in front of us. The door to the Labyrinth, the door that will give us a chance to make everything right. The door that will lead us in finishing our mission. And the only thing that’s stopping us, is a god . . . himself . . . In full power.

If I let my anger go I would sink Red Bane’s sword in Ares’ heart. If I let my despair go I would sink Red Bane’s sword in mine. But I’m the leader. I’m supposed to be everything that I am not before.

I’m supposed to be brave.

I’m supposed to be strong.

Mighty.

Powerful.

Heroic.

So, what’s your plan?” Kesley voice rings over my ears.

What is my plan? I am the thinker. I propose the strategies. I make the impossible possible. Behind me are the Egyptian sorcerers, fighting monsters, some managed to summon a portal and escape. There’s a party behind. There’s a world war in my front. I mean world war by, war of the worlds. Mortals and a god.

Ares touches the blade of his sword, his hand is wiping it from bottom into the tip. Surely, he’s putting the creeps out of us. He’s teasing us.

“Daniel . . .” Kesley’s whisper runs through me.

I can’t just stand here, and wait for everything to burn. I need a plan. Think Daniel, think think think think think.

Right. We can’t fight the god. But how will I get him out of the way? A trap? Illusion? Wait. . . I got it.

“Kesley, Red, hold my hand.” I said.

“I don’t know how will this help, but, alright…” Kesley admitted, as her hand slipped into mine.

“Red.” I called. “I said, ho—“

He hold me by the shoulder. “I’m not gay.” He said.

The war god charges at us, his heavy blade swipe pass above my head, his legs were so fast he nearly reach us, as we immerse into the floor through the portal I made.

The three of us lands behind Ares, the portal above us instantly closed. The gate to the labyrinth are just a few steps backward. About two.

“Go, go, go!” I yelled.

Their hands disappeared from my senses, as Ares turns his back behind me. My wand is pointed against him. My heart is pounding rapidly. My legs are trembling.

“I can’t believe you can do that to me twice!” He roared.

Halfotept!” I said. Small balls of darkness rapidly fires from my wand, it hits him in his armor, but all of them acts like bullets being fired against the wall.

Ares throws his sword amidst my spell. In panic I take steps backward. My feet lands on nothing. I lose my balance, fall down into nothingness, watching the god’s sword sailing right above me.

I land on a solid ground. The door where I came from disappeared, and currently I am in a complete nothingness. The same dark room from where I dreamed before. The same oblivion, like what happened when I turned into stone.