Chapter 10 - The Prisoner of Thoughts. (Part 2)

Chapter 10 – The Prisoner of Thoughts (Part 2)

Kesley leads the way, open the door and walk inside with us trailing behind her. I don’t know if Kesley is just really excited or she really likes getting followed, because she is always ahead of us.

The hallway still looks the same as any other hallway in this Nome. Picture frames everywhere with two bull-headed statues blocking the way.

 Randomly, Kesley breaks the silence. “He’s Dylan’s father.”

“How can you say so?” Charl asked.

“His name is Eecoff Warnog, and Chloe told us Dylan’s whole name, which is Dylan Warnog.” She replied.

“That explains their same features.” I said.

As Kesley reaches the front door, she pause for a moment and turn to look at us “So, you guys ready?”

 “Let’s just, ask him where Cibth is, and then let’s just cover our ears and get out immediately.” I said.

“Sounds good.” Charl agreed.

“Alright, we’ll stick to that.” Kesley said, as she opens the door.

We enter inside the room. It is large, about half a court of a basketball stadium. In the very centre is a huge dog’s cage, big enough for a human to fit in. It is as tall as our house, size about ten square meters. The walls are made of bricks, the floor is covered with a carpet of dust. The room is dark, the only light source is the room from where we came from, so we leave the door open.

Inside the cage is man wearing tattered clothes. He have long black hair, long moustache and long beard. He is holding the cell bars, looking at us with huge wide eyes. He starts to whine, then he shakes the cell bars like a wild animal. . .

“He doesn’t worth it.” I said. “He doesn’t worth to be treated like an animal.”

“No, you are wrong Daniel Third!” Harold, the man inside the cage said, his voice is sharp and steady. “I do deserve this.”

I step backward in surprised, wondering how he knows my name.

“I’m going to ask you—“ Kesley was interrupted talking.

“Where the Cibth is?” Harold finished Keskey’s sentence. He smiles and chuckle with eyes wide open. “Where is Cibth?” He repeated. “Cibth, Cibth, Cibth.”

The guy is creepy. His eyes look at you with interest, like it’s trying to look you through an x-ray vision, which is awesome, or scary. The way he say words sound like someone who hadn’t eat for weeks, tortured properly, and doing drugs.

He walks simultaneously from one corner of his cage into another. After doing the same thing for about four times straight, he faces us, put the cell bars between his hands and smile. “It is under the Earth.”

I quickly turn to look at Charl— common thing, Charl knows everything that I don’t know about. I thought he might know what Harold is talking about, but he look just as confused as I am.

 “Under Earth?” He wondered.

“It is found between the gates of hell and the mortal’s happiness.” Harold said, scratching his nose for a second and holding the cell bars once again.

“I suck at riddles.” I admitted.

“I know that.” He asserted, pointing his skinny bony finger towards me.

I take a gaze at Kesley, who looks a bit irritated— she does that a lot, I say, and I’m pretty sure we’re going to spend the whole time in the car with her complaining about Harold after this.