A Glimpse of the Future.

I’m not supposed to be in this position. I’m not supposed to be in here, wearing a sorcerer’s robes, and my very own weapon of magic. I’m not supposed to be leading this people into this war against the gods, or— or saving thousands of innocent lives.

I’m just a normal boy, I live a life without monsters, demons, or these Greek Egyptian gods . . . But everything changed, the time my age hit thirteen.

I’m standing in the middle of everything, everything I tried to get away from, everything I feared of happening, and everything and everyone I love. The whole place is starting to collapse, and all of it is my fault.

The ceiling is starts cracking, huge debris of rocks and stones are falling. The walls are trembling, the ground is shaking. I can hear the rocks smashing and falling. Each sound is getting into my ears. My mind is going chaos and unstable.

I always wish this is not happening, I always wish that this is just a dream so powerful it feels so real. But no, this is all real. The reality that I always want to reject.

My arms are bleeding, my legs are shaking in pain of burn and scratches. I look around, they are surrounding me. They everywhere, all of them a thirsty for my blood. All of them want me dead, want me to stop and give up.

The girl I cared for is in my arms. I’m staring at her face, her beautiful stunning face. My knee slams against the floor. I flicker her blonde hair and put it behind her ears.

“Admit it Daniel, you cannot win this war.” A voice boomed over the place, a deep, strong, manly voice. “All of your friends have failed, and you will.”

Monsters came into my view, forming a ring that gets smaller and smaller around me.

“Daniel. . .” The girl muttered. “No matter . . . what . . . don’t, let him. . .” Her voice is shaking in pain. “Don’t . . . Let him. . .” She coughs gold blood from her mouth— the blood of the immortals. “ . . . succeed.”

Her eyes close, her head gains weight, and she stop breathing. I quickly touch her pulse, but I can feel nothing. Her heart stops beating, and I can say that she feels no more pain.

Tears fall from my eyes. “No.” I murmured, my heart is beating fast of anger, and fear.

“Surrender now Daniel.” The voice rings my ears like an alarm clock. “You have failed. You, and your people have failed.”

I put the girl’s body on the ground, as I stand up and raise my staff. My black staff with violet glowing veins tangled around it. The ring of monsters are just one meter ahead. Their looks are indefinite, some are made of water, some are made of fire, some are humans with lion head and bird wings, some have one eye, and some have horse bodies or bull head. Everything you can imagine.

“Ares.” I called him. “Go, and tell the other gods a thirteen year old kid outmatched you.”

“You are nuts!” He replied, as he boom out an evil laugh. “You have no match against a god!”

I move my staff and swing it three hundred and sixty degrees. “Magnifus!” I yelled, as a sphere of transparent violet sphere starts to surround me. I point my staff at the direction of the lion head monster, “Mesofalta!” and a beam of darkness hit him, turning him into black winds that fades through the air.

The stones keeps on falling, some are hitting the monsters, and some are almost hitting me, except that the violet sphere blocks them for me. The monster tries to kill me, using their sharp claws, or spears or swords, but they never stand a chance against the sphere that acts as a shield around me.

“Falititus!” I hollered. Small charges of lightning shot out from the tip of my staff, hitting more monsters turning them into black winds. I keep on shouting spells, releasing magic, until the ring of monsters completely fades and all of them are gone.

“You’re next.” I said, pointing the staff at him.

“Fool!” Ares shouted, as he jump from his position, and land in front of me.

He’s eight feet tall, and he can be bigger because he’s a god, he have long hair made of streams of flames, full metal armor made of black diamond that no one can destroy. He raises his sword, a sword made of pure flames and magma, hotter than the sun, but heat is contained only within.

“You can never defeat a god!” He said.

I know how much I stand no chance. I’m only a sorcerer, and I’m not even the most powerful. All I have is my strategy, my shield, and the feather. I only have one chance against him, one chance that would risk mine and many people’s lives.

He raise his sword up, and drop it down with force, destroying the sphere the acts as shield around me. He swiftly take a fast two steps forward, his hands grab me by the neck and raise me up. My face is in front of his, I can see anger in his black eyes that exist within white skin.

“You are nothing but a foolish rat.” He said, as he raises his sword and stabs me in the chest. . .

My eyes open, the first thing I saw is my room. The lights were switch off, and I barely see anything aside from my clock. It is midnight, Three o’clock am. My heart is beating fastly, and my whole body is shaking in fear.

I don’t know what happened. All I know is that it’s a dream. A bad dream.

To Be Continued. . . . . .