Chapter 1 - My Ever Changing Life. (Part 1)

Chapter 1 –My Ever Changing Life. (Part 1)

“Cringingcring!” The alarm clock buzzes, vibrating fluidly making me ultimately annoyed.

No, you got everything wrong. I’m not on my bed, I was in there about four hours ago. I’m in the school cafeteria repairing my classmate’s alarm clock. I think I fixed it, and she will owe me five dollars for that.

“It worked!” Charl, my dearest best friend responded. “Now we can buy our burgers!”

“What? You didn’t even raise a single finger at this.” I complained. “I’ll have two burgers for me, and myself.”

“Come on Daniel, after all we have been through? You’re going to leave me here . . . starving?”

“Uh, whatever.” I shrugged.

If I’m going to define this guy, he’s some sort of the most charming guy ever. According to ninety nine percent of the girl’s in this school, they all said he’s handsome. Of course they will, he’s a girl magnet, I mean, he’s rich, he’s good at music, he’s a gentleman, he have those rare golden eyes, wavy black hair, and he has some sort of a big attachment to Batman. Girls went all crying over him, but seriously, he’s just thirteen.

“Can you also help me with that essay in English class?” He requested.

“That is easy as pie!” I protested.

“I know, but I’m not as smart as you.” He added.

“I’m not smart.” I countered.

“Said that guy who win Science Convention trophy three times straight.”

“Just because I win it three times straight it doesn’t mean I’m smart.” I said.

 I know I’m out of reason. I know that you have to be a super intelligent to win the science convention, but you’ll have to be a genius to win it three times straight. I’m not trying to impress you or anything but, you can call me a genius. And I love arguing with this guy.

“You just repaired an alarm clock.” He put in.

“It’s easy.” I declared. “There is just a small problem with its gears. I just add some oil.”

“You made a nerf gun in your winning piece this year using paper.”

“I just de-attach some parts from a normal nerf gun and put them in a hardened gun-shaped paper!”

“I can’t even pass science class!” He argued. “And look at you, de-attaching a nerf gun and all.”

“That is very easy! It’s like breaking a nerf gun.”

“I am below average, and you have straight A’s every subject.”

Yes, his poor at academics. Not so charming at all eh? Actually, the only subject he can pass is history, I can even see him having an A+ for it. For I remember one time when he tried to make a lemon as an energy conductor, and attach copper wires into two batteries, he failed, and the lemon end up exploding, spilling juice on his eyes. I know that would happen, I warned him about it but he won’t listen.

And as I said, you can call me the smart kind of guy— some pertaining to as a nerd. I love books, no, not novels, I mean books made with knowledge and all. Specially astronomy, I love reading my astronomy book, even I don’t understand some of it, I still learn things.

“Okay, you win.” I declared, opening my bag bringing out a piece of paper in my English notebook.

“And—“