Chapter 10 - Welcome Sir and Lady Aaberg

Althea recieved her list of duties. Reading them made her stomach twist in knots. She took in a deep breath and headed for the guest chambers with a basket of newly cleaned sheets and bedding, among other supplies.

Althea's sister and her husband would be arriving in the evening. They were coming a day early as special guests. Bjørn was the highest ranking general in the Asguardian army. Nala and Althea were both born into a line of very well respected warriors, and together Nala and Bjørn had made their way into the highest class beneath royalty.

Althea strode down the hall.

"You're in a hurry."

Althea nearly jumped out of her skin.

"What the hell?" She gasped.

Loki laughed to himself. She tried to calm herself.

"Where are you headed?" He matched her pace.

"Guest courtiers." She stared down the hall at her destination.

"Ah. Preparing for the special guests?"

Althea nodded silently, trying to avoid thinking about Bjørn and Nala too much. There was a long moment of silence, but she could feel his eyes on her. Analysing her.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

She entered the guest chambers and looked around the room. Her thoughts went to all the possible excuses Nala would come up with to have Althea serve her. She hoped Bjørn would not call for her services. She hoped she could find every excuse not to interact with the burly man.

"Althea?"

She jumped, forgetting he was behind her. She shook her head.

"I'm fine. Thank you." She unfolded the sheets.

He nodded.

"Oh. Uh... I hate to say this, but this week I'll probably be too busy for any spur of the moment training." Althea sighed.

As much as he annoyed her, she did enjoy spending time with him. He was a worthy opponent in battle and it saddened her that she'd likely be too busy this week to see him.

"That's alright. I'm sure mother will keep me busy." He laughed to himself.

Althea pulled the comforter over the bed.

"Are you looking foward to seeing your sister?" He asked.

Althea let out a deep exhale. Her eyes met his and he gave her a knowing look.

"If you ever need a place to breathe, my door is open." He told her.

Though she wouldn't take him up on the offer, she appreciated it.

"Thanks." She smiled.

She went to the washroom and evaluated the countertops. They needed to be wiped, but that was about it.

"If you don't mind me asking, why do you seem to be dreading your sister's visit?" Loki asked.

"I do mind you asking."

He nodded silently. She was surprised to see that he wasn't fighting back nor trying to convince her to talk.

"Are you looking foward to the coming week?" Althea asked.

"A little bit." He said.

Althea finished the washroom rather quickly. And did the last finishing touches in the sleeping chambers. The sun shining through the window indicated it was nearly midday.

"Oh crap! I have to go!" She rushed around the room, gathering her supplies into the basket.

"Why the rush?" He asked.