Chapter 15 - The mystery of Kheer

"A small quantity of this poison and your biggest hurdle will be gone

"A small quantity of this poison and your biggest hurdle will be gone." an evil smirk danced on Shakuni and Duryodhan's face, illuminated under the moonlight entering the room.

"But Mamashree, how will we feed this poison to Bheem?" Duryodhan questioned anxiously.

"Don't worry Bhanje, your mamashree is alive." Shakuni replied setting his moustache, while giving his signature evil smirk. He further continued "Why do you think, are we feading that Sutaputra till now? We could have easily finished their game till now. The moment your father get's to know that they are supporting a Suta to raise weapons, he will banish them and your path will be clear. But no, we will make them regret their existence, they will regret the day they came back. They shouldn't have come here. They shouldn't!"

****

It had been a month since Karan and Pandavas started meeting. Six of them growing extremely close to him. Karan took over the responsibility as their charioteer in order to prevent suspicion.

In Pandavas Karan found the companions he always wanted, who could see him apart from his caste. And in Karan, Pandavas found the much needed father figure they yearned.

The innocent kids thought they had fooled everyone but what they didn't know was the fact that nothing escapes the eye of Gandhar Raj. He found about the folly from his spies but never disclosed it. He was waiting for the right moment.

On the other hand, Kunti was a mess. Karan's existence had made things hard for her. The secret which was killing her for years was unbearable now. When her kids asked for her permission to befriend Karn, she should have denied as she very well knew the consequences but the mother in her dominated the empress.

Even if for a few days, she wanted to see all her kids together. These memories would be enough for her lifetime. These golden days would be the heart of her life was what she believed.

..........................♡☆♡.........................

The fresh dew rested over leaves gigantic trees, the chirrupings of birds, squeaks of the squirrels echoed throughout the forest canopy making the weather perfect for a stroll.

Taking advantage of this, Pandavas and Ijay were ready to go to the forest and were waiting for Karn to arrive.

The sound of wheels was heard, when Nakul jumped in excitement

"Bhrata Karan is here! Bhrata Karn is here!"

"We do have ears Nakul" Bheem taunted, who was a bit frustrated as the former was not talking to him because of a prior fight while he tried his best to make up with him