Chapter 4 - Finding my way!

Author's POV

Author's POV

Ijay was clueless as to what to do,where to go. As far as he could see, there was only inhabited forest nothing else. He had no identity over here, knew no one. His survival seemed next to impossible at that moment. But, right now these were not the things troubling him, infact he didn't even care about his survival in that moment.

The only thing on his mind in that moment was how would his family react, their emotions, their condition when they will find that he is missing. Tears formed his eyes once more, but this time he didn't let them fall, it was of no use. His tears won't make a difference, nethier he can go back, nor they can come here. Maharishi told him clearly that this was the second and last time, that the time portal opened and people in this era didn't lie.

His thoughts wandered to the first person for whom the portal opened. How did that person manage in some other time line. Did he also feel the same what Ijay felt? Was that person able to adjust? A million questions like these came in his mind. While he struggled with the answes, there was one positive magic that these questions did, the magic of HOPE.

He took a few moments to collect himself from his emotional turmoil, gathered himself and with a slight smile started for his journey, with a promise that he won't cry for his family as they reside in his heart and no distance can separate them.

Now, the question was in which direction to travel. After thinking for a while, he decided that according to his observations, everything in Mahabharata happened for a reason and in some way or the other hints were always dropped. Maharishi was here to guide him, he said his part in Ijay's journey for the time being was this much only which means the way on which Maharishi went was not Ijay's. He also told that the river will clear his doubts and mistrust snd help him to accept the truth. The river was flowing opposite to the direction where Maharishi left.

His logic told him to follow the river. Not sure, he still took the risk and chose the path of the river.

Ijay was exhausted much early than he expected. His small body and feet betrayed him within an hour. His stomach was rumbling indicating the need for food. Since the time he landed here, he has been living on water but now, he badly needed something to eat.

Somehow, he still managed to drag himself for a distance when his legs completely gave up. He rested against the bark of a tree, broken ,hopeless and helpless.

As time passed it was becoming more difficult for him to process the things around him. He badly wanted wanted to go home, hug his family tight. The kid who was hopeful a few hours ago was completely dejected now.

He higged the bark next to him, stabled his head over it and because of the exertion dozed off.

After sleeping for a good two hours, he finally woke up with some strength in his tiny body. He continued walking while his hunger increased more and more. Looking for food, he finally reached that part of the forest where the fruit trees were present.