Chapter 17- Really close

Bheem's  POV

Bheem's  POV

A lump formed my throat when I heard those words. Is a human life so cheap? that you can give death sentence to anyone and everyone, just to cover up your son? Of course we know it was Duryodhan who did it under the guidance of his dear uncle. I heard Kakashree Vidur saying something but I was so lost to hear, I don't even know who he was defending but I hope it must be Bhrata Karn because we don't care where we live, forest or City. The matter of fact is forest is much better.  My eyes diverted to Jeysth his condition was even worse, he must be probably blaming himself for ending up in such a situation, he always does that because he is the eldest. I could hear his voice in my head saying " Bheem , Duryodhan is not what you think of him. Its just a childish quarrel that you both have all the time." He was right, he is not what I thought of him. He is even worse. 

"Enough Vidur! I think I have made myself very clear. If you want to defend Panduputra, we can have a chat in my chamber. As for Karn, his actions are unforgivable. No negotiations on that." The king's bold voice snapped me out of my  thoughts.

"But death sentence, we are not sure if he poisoned the kheer, if we go by his statement in that case even Duryo..." kakashree  could not even complete  when Duryodhan's father cut him

"For God's sake Vidur, he is a sutaputa." I could feel Bhrata Karn clenching his fists so tightly that his knuckles were white. " Take him away" The king said with disgust and I swear I could see a dirty smirk on his lips.

"Don't you dare touch him" a feminine voice declared as soon as a guard was about to take him. Mata walked down the stairs from the first floor, where the royal women used to see the court proceedings from. A series of whispers started around the court room, while Mata walked out and stood in front of him. Her eyes were puffy and red but she was not crying anymore.

"KU-" 

"Pardon me for disrupting your court proceedings o King, but its my duty to prevent Hastinapur from committing adharma. I believed in the Judiciary of Hastinapur but now I cannot stand an innocent being given a death sentence for a crime he did not commit. "

"But Kunti all the proofs are against him." He said with gritted teeth.

"What kind of proofs are you talking about Maharaj? The only one you want to believe? You are not even considering his statement."

" You  want me to believe a suta over the Prince?" he spoke harshly and my blood boiled.

"Enough Maharaj, what is this with Suta-Suta. How does it prove that he poisoned  Ijay's kheer and not someone from Gandhar." she said glaring at Gandharraj  Shakuni who was shocked with this sudden outburst.