Chewing exams (chapter 4 pt 2)

"I love you, Sensei!!!" Naruto yelled while leaping on to the man and hugging him.

You and the three idiots just got recommended to the chunin exams, and you were not having a good time.

Yeah, sure, your body was starting to not hurt, but you still felt funny in the joints. The stupid fucking goose demon finally decided to let you heal after feeling like killing yourself over the pain.

Yeah, apparently the reason why your body healed at a slow, human pace was because the goose was mad at you for not feeding it the bread you promised.

Of course, you still couldn't die for whatever reason, but the goose could in fact take away the ability to regenerate at a fast rate.

Stupid fish eating bitch.

That bitch smelled like fish.

How are you supposed to bring bread to the spirit realm or whatever place you and that goose were at?

"Hey, (Y/n)..."

You were brought out of your thoughts and focused on Kakashi, who stared back at you.

"Hey, if you can't take the Chunin exams, you don't have to. I would completely understa-"

"I'll do it." You snatched the paper out of his hand and tucked it into your hoodie pocket.

The man lifted an eyebrow at you before shrugging and letting you four go off.

The next day, you guys kinda did your own thing. You got up early to go on a walk and hopefully find something to kill yourself with.

The forest was pretty lively that day, especially with all of the insects and snakes.

A snake just about struck a baby rabbit before a hand shot out and grabbed it.

It hissed and turned it's head to you but didn't do anything. You let it slither in your hands for a bit before stuffing it in your hoodie and digging inside the dirt.

The scaley animal settled inside your hood, only moving it's head every once in a while.

You held grabbed a large centipede and a scorpion and played with them for a bit, seeing if you could get a reaction out of them. They only attacked each other but refused to touch you.

When the scorpion's tail accidentally missed the Centipede, however, it's stinger dug into your flesh.

What came after was silence.

The birds immediately stopped singing and the bugs in your hands stopped squirming. The scorpion looked as though it was trying to shrink as its tail laid beside it in a docile manner.

Even the snake inside your hoodie no longer moved.

You blinked a few times before sighing and placing the bugs down.

Your ear twitched when hearing feet approaching you from behind but opted to just try and ignore them.

Iruka could feel his heart plummet to his stomach for some reason.

The once lively forest just... silenced itself.

The birds that sat near him on a branch looked to be frozen in time as they stared in your general direction.

A fox that was crossing his path also stopped to stare at your hunched form.

This wasn't normal.

When he saw you shift to put something down, the animals silently looked away, going back to their own thing but this time in silence.