Peace was never an option... again (chapter 3 pt 2)

You couldn't see anything in the dark abyss.

The coolness embraced your head and shoulders, soothing your hair and skin... but not your lungs.

Suddenly, a firm hand grabbed the back of your shirt and pulled you out of the water before shaking you roughly.

"What the hell is wrong with you kid!? Are you an idiot!? You coulda drowned!" Tazuna slurred a bit.

"That's the point." You said flatly before getting chopped on the head.

Kakashi wrapped something around you waist and then sat back down.

"What's this? A noose?" You said while tugging at the rope around your waist.

"Since you're so keen on killing yourself, I'm going to have to keep you on a... I guess you could say leash until we get back." Kakashi said casually with a shrug.

"Since I'm a pain in your ass, you should just let me go."

"Mmmm... no." Kakashi said and turned to Tazuna, who just sat back down.

"Mister Tazuna. I need to know who we're up against. Who is after you." Kakashi demanded calmly.

Tazuna sat there silently, leaving everyone waiting for his answer. You weren't as patient as anyone else though.

"It's a short fat man who's wealthy." You said, earning looks of confusion from your team and disbelief from Tazuna.

"Y-yes. Gato, that's his name."
"Gato? Of Gato transport?" Kakashi said in surprise.

Kakashi glanced over at you with a look of suspicion, not realizing that a certain emo was also glaring at you in suspicion.

'How did they...' Kakashi thought before shaking his head.

'I'll have to ask them later...'

"Who's that?" Naruto asked with excitement.

"He's a ruthless businessman who took over nations and businesses. Underneath all that, he sold drugs and contraband." Tazuna said in an ominous tone.

"That's not so bad."

Everyone looked at you with mixed expressions and you immediately corrected yourself.

"I meant the drugs part. There's nothing wrong with a little bit of nose sugar and devil lettuce, as long as you do it responsibly."  You crossed your arms while saying that in a pretentious way.

They continued to stare at you until Kakashi spoke up.

"We're gonna have a talk with Iruka when we get home."

You finally made it to shore and kept walking along the way through a forest. You started remembering bits and pieces of what happened in this episode. Bits and pieces. So you decided to tell Kakashi when the time was right.

You walked by Kakashi, unable to walk ahead since he had you tied to his hip. You watched the familiar scene of Naruto getting worked up and trying to find whatever it was running through the bushes. You remembered the rabbit, then... then...

Oh yeah.

You remember now.

Kakashi was warning Naruto against using a Kunai seeing how reckless the boy could be before you tugged on Kakashi's jacket. He looked down at you with a tired look but straightened up as soon as he saw the look on your face.

"What is it, (Y/n)?"

"Cow man is here." You said and looked towards a tree just as Naruto found a traumatized white rabbit.