Forest of death (chapter 4 pt 4)

It's time to party, guys. I really need sleep.

~~~~~~~~~

"Gaara!" You yelled before shooting off towards the tall boy.

Your team immediately tensed and went to follow you. Gaara turned around with his signature unreadable look while you scurried over to him.

You jumped up and hugged him, to which he let you. While you were clinging onto him like a koala, Temari and Kankuro stood there with bewildered looks on their faces. Gaara looked down at you before slowly moving his hands to hug you limply.

Cue more shock from the two.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Sasuke said while approaching you both slowly.

You blinked at Sasuke as Gaara's eyes narrowed at him. Gaara shifted you both to where you couldn't see Sasuke but Gaara could.

"It's none of your business, Uchiha." Gaara said in an emotionless tone.

You leaned back to look at Sasuke.

"It's all good, we're friends now!" You said.

"...Friends?" Sasuke said with what sounded like disbelief and disgust.

"Yes! Now onward, Gaara!" You exclaimed.

Gaara stared at the Uchiha for a second longer before walking away from him with you and his siblings.

Why were you two acting like pals so suddenly? ...let's just say you both got closer that night...

No, not like that you perverted child.

Anyways, as Gaara and his team kidnapped- walked away with you, Anko appeared in front of the gate that said no trespassing, cautions, etc.

"This is the site of the second exam,
the 44th Training Field..." Anko said before a devious smirk came onto her face.

"Also known as... the Forest of Death."

While everyone seemed uneasy and put off, your smile widened with excitement and glee.

"Now this sounds promising!" You exclaimed, getting looks from some of the examinees.

"(Y/n)! Shush!" Sakura whispered/yelled.

While Sakura was scolding you, Anko felt nothing but amusement at your attitude.

'So this is the suicide kid.' She thought before noticing three younger children, much to young for the Chunin exams, talking to the blonde kid with orange overalls.

"Hey, over there! What are you doing?!" She yelled while approaching the four.

"Konohamaru here is asking about an interview for the class newspaper..." Naruto said.

"Oh, I forgot that Lord Hokage was
mentioning something like that." She said while rubbing the back of her head.

Meanwhile, you still hung off of Gaara, looking over his shoulder and peering at Sakura and Sasuke, who watched you two with suspicion.

"So..." you said.

Gaara shifted, indicating that he was listening.

"Is Shukaka still being an ass?" You asked.

"Shukaka...? You mean... him?" Gaara said in a quiet tone, not wanting anyone to hear him.

You made a motion of wanting to be put down, to which he complied, and you found yourself placed on your feet. You grabbed his limp hand and looked up at him while he looked down.