Chapter 3: Home

"Alright, I just checked you out Flynn, are you guys ready to go?" Aizawa asked.

"Um... go where?" Sans looked at Aizawa curiously.

"Well, you guys are coming to live with me." Aizawa gave a quick grin.

"Wait... really, you'd let us live with you, but you just met us..." Sans looked to Flynn and then back to Aizawa.

"You guys don't have anywhere else to go now do you?" Aizawa sighed.

Both Sans and Flynn shook their head.

"Okay then let's go," Aizawa said as he waited at the doorway.

Sans got off of the bed while helping Flynn down and they stepped out of the white, tall door and into the corridor. Once they exited the hospital they walked down the street.

"I don't have my car right now so we'll take the train, alright?" Aizawa half-asked, half-stated.

Sans had a perplexed look on his face as he spoke, "Train... Oh yeah, that's fine..."

"Ca-carry m-me." Flynn looked up to Sans tiredly.

"Heh, who is the lazy one now." Sans looked down at him.

Flynn made a huffing sound as Sans bent down to pick him up, "Don't worry you guys can rest at the house."

Sans smiled, "Thanks, this means a lot..."

Aizawa stated that it was fine and they continued to make their way towards the train station.

"Finally, we're here... Uhm, just follow me," Aizawa said as he looked back to see Sans having no clue on what the thing in front of them was.

Sans looked at the train weirdly while still carrying Flynn he followed Aizawa to the door of the train.

"I don't think I ever been on a train," Sans stated.

"You haven't been on a train before?" Aizawa asked.

Sans shook his head, "It isn't that weird... is it?"

Aizawa gestured for Sans to sit down, "I guess it isn't that peculiar."

Sans laughed awkwardly as Aizawa sat down next to him "We should arrive at the house soon." he said reassuringly.

"Uhm, What were you doing a few hours ago?" Sans asked.

Aizawa had a questionable look on his face, "I don't understand?"

Sans proceeded to speak, "I mean were you on a walk or something?"

"No, I wasn't I was on my nightly patrol" Aizawa muttered tiredly.

"Patrol, like your job?" Sans now had a prying look in his eye.

Aizawa was about to respond, but before he could the train came to an abrupt stop.

"This isn't our stop, but yes that is my job," Aizawa said affirmatively.

Sans thought for a second, "So, you patrol the streets every night... looking for criminal activity?"

Aizawa nodded his head, showing Sans that he was correct. The train then stationed itself once again.

"Alright, this is our stop," Aizawa uttered.

Aizawa stood up and Sans followed his lead, walking right behind him as Aizawa got off the train and made his way down the road.

"Is that your house?" Sans asked.

Aizawa set his gaze over to where Sans was looking.

"Yes, it is." He spoke with a sleep-deprived voice and stepped forward.

Sans stared at Aizawa's house it was a good-sized one, to say the least, and it had that modern look to it, so to put it short it was a nice looking house.

"Neat house..." Aizawa glanced back at Sans.

"Thank you... now let's get you and your brother inside, so you guys can get a good night's rest, alright." Sans nodded his head compliantly.

They soon stepped inside the dark house.

"You guys can sleep in my room for now." Sans stared at Aizawa for a second.

"Are you sure, I don't want to bother you..." Aizawa sighed.

"Your a kind kid aren't you." Aizawa said.

Sans was about to say something presumably a pun when he was interrupted.

"Ye-yeah h-he is." Sans look down at Flynn.

"I thought you were sleeping." Flynn shrugged and then settled his head on Sans chest and fell back to sleep.

"See, I told you he was a weird kid." Aizawa let out a small chuckle.

"Alright, go to bed now, the room is down the hall, it's the third door on the right, okay." Sans nodded his head and walked down the hall opening the door to Aizawa's room and then shutting it as he walked in.

Sans woke up to Flynn kicking him in the side.

"Agh..." Sans sat up slowly while rubbing his eyes.

"Oh... it's morning." Sans got up and walked to the door not bothering to wake Flynn up. Sans closed the door behind him and walked down the hall to the living room.

"Good morning, Sans." Sans looked over to see Aizawa sitting on the couch drinking something.

"Good morning..." Sans spoke quietly.

"Um... what are you doing..." Aizawa placed his cup on the coffee table and turned his body to face Sans.

"I'm working on a report..." After Aizawa finished Sans tired expression turned into a fairly intrigued one.

"A... report... like a crime?" Aizawa looked a little surprised to see how quickly Sans mood changed.

"Yes... um, would you like to know more?" Sans briskly walked over to Aizawa and sat down next to him.

"So, what is the crime about... like a robbery or... murder?" Aizawa reached over and grabbed a file off of the table and handed it to Sans.

"Oh, so it was a robbery... at a restaurant and the suspects are..." Sans stared at the second name listed.

"Do you know who that is, Sans?" Sans shook his head.

"Sorry... the name just reminded me of something... anyways the suspects are, Kai Kurama, Hiko Shio, and Yuuto Himari." Aizawa sighed.

"Yep, those are the suspects, but I've gotten no closer to figuring out who committed the robbery." Sans took one last look at the papers and handed them back to Aizawa.

"Where were they at the time of the crime?" Sans asked.

"Well, the first was near the back of the shop while the other two were found at the front... 

why?" Sans thought for a moment.

"What... what if they were working together?" Aizawa gestured for Sans to continue.

"Oh... well I mean they could've separated... and while the other two tried to act naturally the first guy snuck around to the back to hide the money... so they could collect it later on..." Aizawa looked at Sans rather impressed.

"That is a clever theory, and to be honest it's better than most of the detectives' theory's down at the police station." Sans smiled.

"Thanks..." Sans said quietly.