Chapter 23: Something New

Sans had already trudged all the up the stairs when there was another bang on the door. Sans sighed a little annoyed and didn't bother to walk back down, he appeared in front of the door and opened it with a little caution only to see it was the girl from before."I'm so sorry, but I forgot to give you this." She pulled something out from her mailbag and handed it to Sans.

They stood there for a moment until she gave him one last awkward smile and took off back to her car.

"Uh, alright." Sans slammed the door behind him and heard a faint sound. He glanced around and shrugged it off.

His room door opened before he had a chance to reach out and touch it.

"S-Sans did you have to SL-SLAM th-the door?" Sans smiled when he realized what the noise had been from. "Y-Yeah laugh n-now... while you st-still can."

"Believe me I will." Sans walked past Flynn and flopped onto his bed and Flynn followed. He ripped the top of the envelope off and was now holding a folded piece of paper in his left hand.

"W-Whos that f-from?" Sans studied the letter and turned it over. "Someone." "Wow, t-thanks... c-can I see the oth-other one?"

Sans let Flynn take the letter he had beside him and he started to tear it open. "Don't rip the note," Sans warned. "I w-won't."

Sans skimmed through the note and found that it was from Jinja, Sans smiled as he'd come to be friends with her during the time they had spent being detectives.

"W-Whos Jinjie?" Flynn asked as he peered at the letter Sans was holding. "I met her a while ago."

Sans reread the letter and his expression turned from not caring to a slightly excited jitter. "W-What did it s-say..?" Flynn was confused due to his sudden change of emotions, but Sans could only smile after that.

"Sorry, it's just... exciting..?" Flynn's gaze locked onto the note and he pulled it away from his grasp. "What's s-so exciting about it?"

Flynn stared intently at the letter. "S-Since when did you want to be a detective..?" Sans smile grew. "Hey, you didn't stutter."

"I-I didn't?" Flynn tried again. "I didn't..? Wait, I'm not?!"

Sans began laughing when Flynn started to bounce on the bed in delight. "Sans! I'm talking normally!" Sans nodded, "That's great, bud."

Hours began to fly by as the two of them watched Tv shows.

"Sans?" Sans lifted his head from the resting position it had been in before, "Yeah?" Flynn shifted his body into a sitting position. "Well, I was wondering if you ever read the other letter you got?"

Sans scratched his head.

"I don't think I did, why?" Flynn got up and ran for the stairs as if it was the last thing he'd ever do.

"Uh... what?"

A minute passed and then the sound of someone running began, soon enough you could see Flynn trotting down the steps while carrying an unfolded piece of paper.

Flynn then sprouted roots from his back and sprung himself into the air, he almost hit the ceiling as he began to fall right above the couch and good thing it wasn't a small one, or else he might've missed it.

"Woah, calm down, the worlds not ending y'know?" Flynn rolled his eyes and threw the letter at Sans. It fell onto his chest, so he picked it up and began reading it.Sans folded the paper in half and a chuckle filled the room.

"That's cool, I guess I won't be able to lounge around anymore."

"Hm... ma-maybe... DANG, IT! I guess that's not completely gone." Sans laughed half-heartedly 

and gave Flynn a small pat on the shoulder. "It's alright, bro." Flynn's expression brightened up.

"Y-Yeah... um, anyways I was thinking since you have to get back to training w-we could head outside?" Sans put on his signature smile and they headed off towards the back door."It's bright out here!" Flynn exclaimed annoyedly.

"Heh, it was your idea, so try not to complain too much." Flynn huffed like the drama queen he was and Sans started to burst into laughter."Just get on w-with your training!" Sans let out one last pit of laughter and whistled.

Blaize came soaring down from the sky in somewhat of a spiral and somehow managed to land a perfect landing. "How does that e-even work?" Flynn asked as he sat down on the small modern porch. "Well... um? Here think of it this way, since I made him from my magic we're... Uhm, let's say connected."

Flynn nodded as if he had completely understood Sans every word. "Wait? Why do you need Blaize if your training?"

"I'm gonna fight him." Before Flynn could say anything Blaize started to morph into the same exact form he had seen him in earlier that day. "Can you do that?" Sans cocked his head.

"What... turn into a skeleton dragon?" Flynn now slightly embarrassed shook his head. "N-No I mean can you transform back into your original self?" Sans studied Flynn's expression.

"I mean." He held his arm out and pulled up his sleeve. "I never turned into a full human." His skin was transparent so you could visibly see his bones.

"What..?" Sans laughed.

"My ribs show through my chest as well as a part of my leg." Flynn was baffled and couldn't seem to form any words. "Flow? You alright there?"

Flynn snapped out of his short trance.

"Uh... sorry, but since when did you know about this?" Sans didn't even seem to register Flynn's question immediately began his response. "I've always had."

"Oh, d-does that mean I'm like that too?" Sans thought about it and smiled as he came to a realization. "No, you're luckier than I am, plus I'm pretty sure you would've noticed sooner if you were."

Sans smile faltered a bit after he said something under his breath. "W-What?"

"Nothing." He rose from his spot on the modern porch and stood face to face with his skeletal friend Blaize. And then out of nowhere, they began their battle in search of a victor.