Chapter 10: You

"Wh-Where am I-I... Wh-What?!" Flynn woke up floating in an endless abyss completely oblivious to where he was.

"Hello... are... you...?" ###### asked cautiously.

"What... why... who are you?!" Flynn asked as the dark thing approached him.

"I'm... ######..." Flynn stared at them clearly disturbed.

"You're what...?" They spoke again.

"I'm... ######... can't... understand...?" They asked, but Flynn shook his head.

"I-I'm s-sorry, b-but I do-don't..." Flynn said slowly, only able to understand a sentence or two from the unknown man.

"Well... okay..." They finished while Flynn could only hear two words from the man.

"I s-still d-don't unde-understand y-you..." Flynn said.

"Oh..." The man stepped forward and reached his goop-covered hand towards Flynn.

Flynn tried to move back and away from the man, but couldn't.

"St-Stay a-away!" Flynn said desperately.

When the man grabbed his wrist and everything turned black.

"###### what are you doing?" Sans said softly.

"I'm working, but what are you doing up so late, little baby-bones like you should be asleep at this time of night." The elder skeleton said.

"I know, but you should too, but you're not..." He said in reply.

"Well, guess what?" They said.

"What?" Sans said back.

"Big boys like me get to stay up, while baby-bones like you have to go to sleep, so off you go" The taller skeleton stated.

"That's not how it works... every monster needs at least 8 hours of sleep and you know it" Sans stated back.

"Ah, Sans... you are just too smart, aren't you?" They laughed.

"So, are you coming with me... you should know I'm not going back to sleep until you do too," Sans said with a sly smile.

"You're a sneaky one... alright fine I'm coming" Once they said this Sans gleamed happily as he grabbed the older skeleton's hand and pulled him down a hallway.

"Calm down Sans..." They chuckled.

"You haven't been getting a proper sleep lately and I've been getting worried..." Sans spoke softly.

"I'm sorry about that Sans, but hey it's alright," They said reassuringly.

Sans smiled as they stepped into a cozy little room with a dresser in the corner of the room and the bed in the middle.

"###### I won't let go brother... You'll be fine!" Sans said in a hopeless voice.

"I'm sorry Sans... but this is the end for me... Sans let go if you don't you fall too and then who would take care of Papyrus..." They finished with a smile as tears rolled down his face.

"N-No you'll be fine... please don't leave me...!" Sans started to cry, begging for them to hold on.

"Goodbye, Sans..." They let go and fell into the core, Sans fainted shortly after.

"What...?!" Flynn pulled from the monster's grip and started to breathe heavily.

"Calm... down" Flynn steadied his breaths and turned to face the man.

"Y-You... b-but I th-thought S-Sans... yo-you're Sa-Sans bro-brother..." Flynn spoke not believing a word that came out of his mouth.

"Yes... I... Am..." They spoke, distancing every word from the other.

"B-But..." Flynn didn't know what to say to the man.

"I... ne-nevermind... c-can I a-ask a que-question?" They nodded their head as he spoke.

"C-Can I c-call yo-you R-Royal..." Flynn asked nervously.

They had a slight hint of shock on their face, but it was quickly changed into a soft, gentle smile.

"Sure... ahead..." Flynn loosened up as Royal spoke.

"Y-You fe-fell i-into the v-void... h-how?" Flynn asked as Royal listened intently.

Royal slowly started to make out some words, but it took at least 10 minutes for Flynn to apprehend what actually had happened.

"Experiment... Wrong... Bad... Gone... Fast..." Royal waited patiently for Flynn to reply.

"A-An exp-experiment w-went w-wrong...?" Flynn asked, assuming he was correct.

"Yes... right..." Royal didn't seem to expect Flynn, to understand him this well. To be honest, it made him confused, but happy at the same time which confused him even more.

"I-Is som-something wr-wrong..?" Flynn asked Royal, now becoming more comfortable with their presence.

"No... Is... Fine..." Royal said in his usual slow manner.

"A-Are yo-you s-sure?" Flynn asked uncertainly.

"I'm... Yes... Good..." Royal finished as he dispersed.

Flynn looked around franticly not wanting to be alone in this dark depressing void.

"R-Royal!?" Flynn yelled, only to hear his voice repeat itself back to him.

Flynn stopped talking after this, being deeply troubled by the echo.

Flynn tried to move for a while and after a while of trying he managed to walk across the 

untouchable floor which moved like water at his every step.

"Agh..." Sans uttered as he sat up, he started breathing rapidly as to not scream in agony.

"Why does it hurt so bad...?" Sans was now fully sitting up in the white hospital bed.

"My leg..." Sans reached his hand towards his heavily bandaged leg and touched it only to yank 

his hand back as he felt his leg scream in pain with the simplest touch.

The door creaked open and Sans looked up to see Aizawa standing in the doorway.

"Are you alright?" Aizawa asked curiously.

"Yeah..." Sans sat there while trying to remember what had happened, but as soon he did all the memories came flooding back to him.

"Flynn...?!" Sans stared at Aizawa expectantly.

"Who... Sans are you sure you're alright..?" Sans just gazed at Aizawa, wondering if he was joking or being serious.

"What... Flynn, my brother... remember?" Sans asked Aizawa.

"No, Sans did you hit your head?" After Aizawa had said this Sans immediately dropped the topic not wanting to sound like he had gone crazy or something.

"The doctors said you won't be able to walk on your right leg for a few days, so you'll be using crutches," Aizawa stated.

Sans nodded his head as Aizawa pulled some crutches from the front of the bed.

"Here," Aizawa said as he helped Sans off of the bed and handed him the crutches. Sans 

effortlessly got the hang of using them and easily walked beside Aizawa as they made their way down the hallway.

But of course, they had to take the elevator down to the first floor as Sans could not go down the stairs.