Chapter 22: Home Alone

It's been over a week and a half and today Aizawa and Hisashi had to head out for work leaving Sans and Flynn alone in the house for the rest of the day.

Sans was upstairs reading a book he had found. It was about a kid who had been trapped in a cave for years and assumably Sans found this to be peculiar.

He was on the tenth chapter when the was a hesitant knock on the door.

"Flynn you do know you don't have to know." There was a nervous laugh on the other side of the door as it began to creak open.

"H-Heh, al-alright." Flynn shuffled his way over to Sans in a scared manner.

"Is everything alright you seem... hesitant?" Flynn was looking down at his feet like he preferred to talk to them rather than Sans.

Sans figured Flynn wanted to talk about something important. Like Asgore, or how they got there exactly, but he wasn't quite sure.

"Alright what is it?"

"W-What do y-you mean." Sans sighed while slowly rising from his chair, he grabbed Flynn's hand and lead him to the bed, and gestured for him to sit down.

"Okay, now tell me." Flynn tried to hold in his laughter.

"S-Sorry y-you j-just sou-sound s-so mature." Sans reflected the past few moments and then joined Flynn in his ball of laughter.

About 5-6 minutes passed by as they started to settle down.

"O-Okay the tr-truth is I wan-wanted to t-tell you ab-about... y-your br-brother." Sans face drained of all color as he became completely expressionless. Flynn panicked by the sight of this and jumped up while grabbing Sans phone from off of the bed.

"S-Sans..?" He didn't respond.

Flynn felt a chill go down his spine and immediately started to press buttons onto the small screen. He was about to finish when the phone was snatched out of his hands and there Sans was on his knees looking softly at Flynn.

"Wh-What?!" Sans got up and walked back over to his desk without a single word.

"Sans w-what are y-you do-doing..?" Sans sat down and turned his chair to face him.

"Sorry about that... just uh, couldn't grab ahold of the thought." Flynn muttered something and jumped back onto the bed while Sans grabbed a notepad and pencil.

"Uh, w-what's th-that for?"

"Nothing just... writing some stuff down." Flynn's eyes filled with curiosity, "Y-You've been wri-writing a lot lat-lately, so mi-mind t-telling me w-what it is y-your writing?"

"Nah to lazy to explain... now what were you saying about... my brother?" Sans voice softened at the end of his sentence.

"Oh y-yeah well-" Flynn started to enlighten Sans about the situation and how everything happened.

He finished after a while of explanation and it was now the middle of the day, "So I was right." Flynn cocked his head at Sans.

"What di-did y-you s-say?" Sans flipped the cover back over the pages and set it down onto the table while just letting the pencil slip from his grasp.

"It doesn't matter, but you said you got here through... Royals magic?" Sans said his name quickly as if it would attack him.

"Y-Yeah um, t-that's wh-what h-he told m-me any-anyways." Sans nodded.

"I'll be right back." Sans left the room shortly after he said this.

"Hm, I-I wonder wh-where h-he's g-going?"

Sans slowly walked down the steps and made it to the kitchen. He grabbed a cup of water and sat down at the table.

"Jeez... I knew my theory had a chance of being true, but I didn't seriously think it would be... 

now what am I going to do..?" Sans finished his drink and decided that he shouldn't keep Flynn waiting for too long.

Sans entered the room to see Flynn wasn't there, he then noticed the window had been opened. Sans peered out the window in search of Flynn when he heard rustling up on the roof, he looked alongside the house and saw massive vines climbing up to the very edge of the roof.Sans chuckled and called out for Blaize.

Blaize appeared next to him in a matter of seconds and wagged its skinless tail. Sans pointed forward and Blaize flew out the window, he disappeared for a moment before reappearing as a much larger version of his small self.

Sans jumped out of the window and hopped onto Blaize's back and they started to ascend.

"W-Woah!"

"What didn't know he could do this?" Sans laughed as he hopped down onto the roof and sat down next to Flynn.

"N-No why d-didn't y-you tell me be-before?!" Flynn crossed his arms and huffed.

"You didn't ask." Sans smiled and then nodded towards Blaize, he took off in an instant and soared through the skies before disappearing behind a cloud.

"W-Wheres he g-going..?" Sans shrugged.

"Anywhere he wants as long as he doesn't cause any trouble."

They sat there for some time, Sans even fell asleep at one point before he was disturbed by a loud bang.

"Wha... what was that?" Flynn thought for a moment, "I t-think th-there's someone a-at t-the 

front d-door." Sans took a glance around and dispersed.

He arrived at the front door and opened it.

"Oh uh, Hello does Shota Aizawa live here?"

"Yeah." The person there was a short girl with long red hair.

"Okay, so I got the address right... thank goodness, oh, anyways there's a package for him, so do I just leave it with you?"

"Yeah, thanks." The girl handed him a package while still holding a small envelope.

"Whos that for?" The girl held up the letter and examined it carefully.

"O-Oh it's for someone named... Sans A?" Sans smiled awkwardly.

"Oh, that's me." The girl looked up and had a thankful look on her face.

"Here, um, bye." She walked down the driveway and hopped into a vehicle with a messenger logo on it and drove off.