Chapter 20: Welcome Back

Sans and Aizawa left the scene a while ago and now we're heading to Hisashi's place, the ride there was mostly silent.

"Where does Mic live anyway?"

"He lives closer to the school, so I guess that'll make my job easier when school starts back up again." Sans nodded.

After a while of driving Aizawa parked in front of a stylish house.

"Is this where he lives?" Sans asked as they got out of the car.

"Yeah, and the schools only a mile or two away." Sans grabbed his bag and swung it over his shoulder while Aizawa just carried his bag with his hands.

"Here let me-" Aizawa was interrupted when Hisashi walked out the door of the building.

"Hey! What's up, guys." Sans chuckled a bit when Hisashi gave Aizawa a quick hug.

"Sans, how are you holding up?" Sans smile grew a little weak.

"Good... anyways you have a nice house." Hisashi smiled brightly as he began to lead Sans inside.

"Thanks now let me give you a quick tour of the place."

Once the tour was finished they met up with Aizawa in the living room it was a bit smaller than Aizawa's but then again it was much fancier too.

"So, are you all set?" Sans nodded.

"Alright now that, that is over, come on Sans we're going to go somewhere for a bit."

"Where?" Sans got up from the comforts of the couch and followed Aizawa back out the door with a small wave to Hisashi.

"You'll see." They got back into the car and pulled out of the driveway."Sans and Aizawa left the scene a while ago and now we're heading to Hisashi's place, the ride there was mostly silent.

"I know I already asked, but where are we going?" Aizawa shook his head.

"Just... be prepared, alright," Aizawa said blankly.

The car ride to wherever they were going was silent the rest of the way and Sans didn't have a clue on where they're going or what he had to be prepared for, but what he did know that it was important.

"The hospital..." Sans stared at Aizawa questioningly.

"Come on let's head in" Sans had a worried look on his face.

"I'm coming..." Aizawa walked up to the front desk and spoke with the person working there.

"What is going on..." Sans watched as Aizawa finished talking to the man and came back.

"Follow me" Aizawa smiled faintly as they walked down a corridor and up a flight of stairs.

"Who are we coming to visit...?" Sans looked a little nervous as Aizawa opened the door to a hospital room.

"Just go in, I'll wait out here for you," Aizawa said softly, but firmly.

"I... alright I guess" Sans stepped into the room slowly as Aizawa shut the door behind him.

Sans stopped immediately once he saw who was sitting in the bed staring straight back at him, he didn't dare to take a step closer as he believed his eyes were just playing tricks on him. Sans stared at them but didn't speak a word but when the silence was finally broken by the other Sans stepped back not knowing what would become of this situation.

"Sans..." The person spoke in a low sad voice.

"But... no... this is purely impossible... I know where you went, I know what you did... I know who you met, but coming back is just..." Sans uttered this in a dead tone.

"I... calm down" The person made their way off the bed slowly and warily, but that only made Sans step back once again.

"Are you scared of me..?" Sans only shook his head while the person tried to make their way over to him.

"Then why are you backing away..?" The person asked, Sans then stopped and crouched down.

"I... I don't know" The person took this opportunity to run and hug Sans tightly not wanting to ever let go.

"F-Flynn... I'm sorry... I'm so sorry" Sans hugged Flynn back while Flynn cried softly.

"It wasn't your fault... but I do have a question..." Sans let go of Flynn and stared at him expectantly.

"What do you mean... when you said you knew what I did..?" Once Flynn asked this Sans only stared.

"Sans?" Flynn looked to be getting a little worried for his elder brother.

"Sorry... but to be honest I... don't remember?" Sans spoke with an uncertain tone.

"You... don't remember... what?" Flynn stared at Sans to explain something, anything really, what had he meant.

"My... brother... no that can't... um, never mind... we will talk about this later, now come here" Sans picked up Flynn and stood up.

"I missed you..." Flynn smiled at Sans words.

"I did too" As Flynn spoke the door opened back up and Aizawa stepped in.

"Are you guys done having your little reunion?" Sans scoffed while Flynn could only smile.

"Well, Sans?" Flynn asked with no question to be answered.

"Yeah... we're done" Aizawa sighed as Sans looked down questioningly.

"Come on, we should head back now," Flynn thought for a moment as Aizawa and Sans began to walk away.

"Wait... but didn't you say something about the house being... gone?" Both Aizawa and Sans stopped walking as Flynn spoke.

"Yeah, I did" Aizawa uttered these words annoyedly.

"But, it's fine, Hisashi is letting us stay at his house for a while." Flynn nodded.

"Okay, is that it, no more questions?" Both Flynn and Sans shook their heads and Aizawa showed them out of the room and back down the flight of stairs.

Once Aizawa had finished checking Flynn out they made their way back to the car.

"Flynn you'll be staying in a room with Sans, alright" Flynn agreed but didn't seem to be satisfied with something.

"Can I stay with you from time to time?" Aizawa kept his eyes on the road but replied while giving a quick glance back to the young boy.

"I'd guess that'd be alright" Flynn looked pleased with Aizawa and continued to ask a few more questions.

"Flynn you're too curious for your own good, you know" Sans stated this as if it was a well-known fact.