It tickles

Touching her hand, his eyes had changed from those dark blue to the vermilion of Ares' orbs, making her tilt her head in curiosity as she observed the boy.

Rolling her shoulders, she could feel her muscles relaxing as the excessive amount of power flowed out of her body and towards her son, watching as the red mist covered him like a cloak, protecting his body.

"It doesn't hurt?" A big grin appeared on his face as he looked up at her, making Ares mirror his expression with her own smile while shaking her head.

"It tickles" a soft chuckle left her lips as she watched his wide smile and curious eyes.

"I didn't want to hurt you" Kai whispered to himself, almost in a daze as his index finger approached the flames, finding them to twirl around his finger instead of furiously burning it.

"Oh that's good, I have quite the list of enemies already, wouldn't want you there as well" Ares told him with a smirk, her fingers messing with his dark hair as she stood from the ground.

"Where are you going? How did you get here? Why did you get here? Was it Joshua?" The man rambled while quickly following after her, watching as the house fell down just as they left it, making a smirk rise on his face.

"First of all, We need to find the rest of my family, they are somewhere around here. Second of all, my brother Hermès brought us here, we are your rescue party and no, a puny mortal like him wouldn't be able to lay a finger on me" Ares scoffed at the mention of the boy's father.

"Rescue me?" The look of confusion was stamped on his face as he looked at her, eyebrows furrowed, head tilted to the side as he played with his fingers.

"Of course! I'm-" Ares was cut off by the voice of her husband not far from them, her eyes narrowing once she noticed the absence of Persephone and Hermès.

"Ares, I see you've finally found him" Klaus smiled softly at them, walking closer to the duo as the goddess looked around trying to spot her brother and Percy.

"Yeah... Kai, this is my husband, Nik... Nik, this is Kai" the blonde politely shook Kai's hand, the later losing his smile and turning quite serious on his presence before Niklaus walked over his wife and placed his hand on her shoulder.

Only for the goddess to tense up.

"Where are the others?" Slowly turning her head to look over her shoulder at him, the man gave her a frown before starting to explain.

"When you suddenly disappeared, we decided to separate to find you quicker, they should be getting here soon enough, darling" her eyes went back to her son, who seemed wary of the man by her side, before a smirk appeared on her face.

"So you've noticed too, huh?" Kai's eyes snapped towards her, before he raised his hand and the blonde dropped to the ground, blood dropping from his body as if he was being stabbed multiple times.

"Are we close enough for me to say that I don't like your husband?" Kai asked the ginger with a childish smile, making her grin at him before she turned to look at her 'husband'.

"You can tell me anything you want, but this is definitely not my husband, right Hecate?" The illusion fell, showing the witch on the ground as she managed to annul the power that was coming from the boy.

"How did you know?" The brunette hissed out with a glare, finally standing on her feet as she glared at the spear on Ares' hand, her official weapon.

"Please, Hecate, you couldn't master his soft smile mixed with the dangerous glint of his eyes even if you tried for a thousand years, besides, Nik calls me 'my love'" Kai observed the goddesses with an excited look on his face, by the way Hecate was looking fearfully at the spear on Ares hand while the ginger goddess looked merely annoyed at the witch, he was betting on the warrior.

"You won't take him away from here" Hecate hissed while raising her hands, making purple spheres appear around her fingers as she glared at Ares.

"Is she talking about me? How rude! You know, I was actually thinking of sitting back and watching the fight, which would be pretty awesome I guess considering how you're squirming on your feet, but you kind of pissed me off!" Kai rambled while walking closer to his mother, not that he knew it, not seeing how the red cloak had reappeared around his body and grew lighter, blocking Hecate's attack.

"You see, the last time someone pissed me off I went on a killing spree, but I've been here for almost 2 decades and this may or may not have messed up my head even more than it already was" Kai continued, ignoring the annoyed look on the other witch as his mother bit back a smile.

"Seriously, out of all the villains in this planet, why did you chose to fight me? Huh? Oh wait, never mind, I guess I'm the only one in this planet" Kai finished his ramble as Hecate interrupted him.

"Don't you ever shut up?"

Ares suddenly appeared behind the goddess, slamming her foot against her back as they heard the loud cracks of her spine breaking mixed with her screams.

"I was actually enjoying it, until you had to mess it up with your voice that is" Ares mumbled in annoyance, her foot pressed against the goddess back as she laid on the ground.

"Wow! Can you do that again? But next time crushing her skull? I always wondered if it was true that the human body has 206 bones, what if we start counting?" Flicking his wrist, they heard the sickly crack of another bone snapping as Hecate's foot bent on another direction, making the duo smirk widely at each other.

"That's one"

"Are you sure? I say we break it again, just for science, of course!"

"You're my favorite person already, which is something considering that I'm a sociopath"