Don't apologize for being different

No one questioned as Ares walked around the castle carrying a sleeping man on her back, but they did give them looks when said man snored loudly while drooling on Ares' shoulder.

But it wasn't an unusual situation, the warriors would often lay down on the arena for a quick break and end up falling asleep, only waking up as they felt someone moving their bodies, before they would see it was their mother and would cuddle further on her arms as she carried them to their rooms.

The young siphoner was emotionally drained after their conversation and ended up falling unconscious on her lap.

While the goddess would love to continue there quietly hugging him, she knew it wasn't fair with the boy. He would need some space to figure out his emotions and having her breathing the same air as him would really disturb his thoughts.

So after laying Kai down on the king sized bed and tugging him under the covers, the goddess made a beeline out of the room with a deep sigh, closing the door behind her back.

"What to do, what to do..." blood red orbs looked from one side to the other and started to walk in a random direction, summoning a small dagger as she started to twirl it around her fingers.

The castle was enormous, but that wasn't a surprise, Ares always made sure to have a room done for every child she had so they would always be accepted with open arms if they needed her.

Standing in front of a specific room, the ginger paused and looked at the name marked on the door with an elegant cursive writing.

A familiar sequence of knocks stroke the door and Ares' lip tilt upwards when she heard the soft steps of someone running to open it.

It wasn't long until the goddess of war was met with the bright contrast of the female beauty in front of her, her features were soft, blonde curly hair, a big smile showing her pearl teeth and gray eyes shining on her face.

Behind her, a very light room, everything was either white or a very soft cream, differing from the castle that was made of black, gray and red.

Books, drawings and multiple documents were laying around the room in a messy way, but the blonde always seemed to know exactly where everything was.

"Hey sweetheart, what are you doing here all day? Everyone was fighting outside, I thought you'd have liked to join us" her tanned skin turned a soft pink at the ginger's words, placing her warm hand around Ares' sleeve as she pulled her inside and closed the door of her room.

"I was reading" Anna mumbled with a shrug, sitting down on her bed as Ares kicked her shoes off and threw herself on it as well, making the blonde giggle as she laid down with her head on Ares' stomach.

"What were you reading this time?" The goddess asked while closing her eyes, a smile growing on her lips as Annabeth started to tell her the whole story of the book she had read while making movements with her hands.

"Crime and punishment! You should read it as well, I think you'll like this one, it shows the psychology of a person after he kills someone, he starts going legit crazy"

"You got me at kill and crazy, pass me the book" Ares joked with a grin, making Annabeth grin back at her.

"I was thinking..."