Chapter 1 - Green Ghosts

Katsuki was not a villain. You'd assume that people would know that alone by his title of "#1 pro hero" but apparently not. No matter how hard he worked, or how many people he saved, it was never enough for his naysayers.

They called him a villain.

A monster.

Well, Katsuki was a monster but he was not a villain.

Walking along the cracked pavement, Katsuki had one eye on his phone and one three steps ahead of him. It'd been a long day and he was exhausted. The crisp night air did wonders on relaxing him as he walked home. Streetlights dotted the sidewalk, most of them inactive. Shadows crept along the run-down brick walls of the town, crawling after him.

Passing by an alley, all the remaining light escaped from his view, and a sharp pain pulsed in his neck. Realizing he was under attack; he threw his hands up to blast his attacker to hell but nothing happened. Trying again, there were no sparks bursting to life in his palms.

Reaching up to claw at the thing restricting his sight, suddenly his mouth was clamped shut. A fear rooted deep in him exploded into reality when he tried to breathe but was unable.

The energy was sucked from his legs and used to keep himself conscious. Feeling his back fall to the pavement, his head was supported from behind and his face was free. Unable to call for help, the defeated hero gazed up at his attacker with dazed eyes.

He wore a stretched smile, a pair of green eyes gazing back at Katsuki from under a hood. A hand was gently drawn against Katsuki's cheek. He pressed his lips to Katsuki's forehead and soothingly whispered, "Sleep, Kacchan."

With heavy eyelids, the darkness consumed him. The last thing he saw that day were those haunting green eyes.

----*----

A pounding pain thumped in his head. Blinking his ruby eyes open, he was met with a flint gray concrete floor. A dull numbness pulsed in his palms. Rolling onto his back, he was met with a dim exposed lightbulb hanging from the ceiling. Straining his eyes, he lifted his head and surveyed his surroundings.

Around Katsuki were four old, concrete walls. A line of metal bars separated the room into two parts, a metal door at the end. On the other side of the bars was another door. In the top right corner of the room, a camera with a red blinking light was trained on him.

Sitting up and reaching for his head to rub the headache away, a rattling sound followed his movements. Glancing down at his wrists, he found two thick metal bands around them with heavy chains connected to them. Tracking the chains, he found that they were welded to the wall behind him.

Standing up on unsteady legs, he had about a five-foot walking radius before he was limited by the chains. He yanked on the chains, hating the restricting feeling. When they didn't break, Katsuki started thrashing. After letting out a yell of frustration, he sat back down to think.

What happened last night? Everything was fuzzy in his mind. Though he did remember those green eyes. Those ghostly eyes. He knew them from somewhere, but where exactly? Who did he know that would do this kind of thing? And what happened to Katsuki's quirk? It was just gone!

Bringing his hand to the chain, he planned to set off a large blast to disintegrate the annoying metal. But the only thing that occurred was a stinging sensation in his hand. Dropping the chain and holding his hand tight, he grunted in pain.

Katsuki snapped his attention to the creaking sound of a door opening. As the door on the opposite side of the bars opened, a man with a mask excitedly skipped into the room.

The man pressed his body against the bars, bouncing on his toes. "I see you're awake!"

Katsuki jumped up to his feet and snapped at his captor, "WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!?" His arms were pulled behind him as fought to get him.

The man seemed unfazed. He sighed, "I thought you would've remembered me..." His shoulders slumped in disappointment then jumped back up. "That just means we get to make new memories together!" He said, then added in a quieter tone, "The last ones weren't too good..." With a laugh, he said finally, "Though any memory with you in it is a good one!"

It wasn't until then when he realized his hero suit was gone. His head must've been hazier than he first thought. He was left in only his boxers, the rest of his body on display for the man. "THE FUCK DID YOU DO WITH MY CLOTHES!?"

The man giggled. "I didn't know what things you could be hiding in them. I had to remove them." Putting a hand up to his mouth on the other side of the mask, he added, "Plus it looks great on my wall next to the posters. You don't look half bad either." He could feel the man's eyes hungrily looking him up and down.

Katsuki was thrown off by the man's childish (and frankly, perverted) behavior, asking with a scoff, "What, you a fanboy or somethin?"

The man gripped the bars in his hand and stuck his head through. "I'm not just any fan, I'm your greatest fan!"

Katsuki fell back, leaning against the wall. So the guy was crazy. That only made him more dangerous. "This is definitely the farthest a fan has ever gone to meet me," he commented.

The man nodded, retracting his head and leaning against the bars. "It only proves how far I'm willing to go for you, Kacchan!"

Katsuki sucked in a sharp breath. "What did you just call me?" He asked, moving closer.

The man laughed. "I called you 'Kacchan', duh!" Shaking his head with a fond chuckle, he said, "What a silly question."

Katsuki's heart drummed in his chest. His breathing was uneven. He couldn't mean... He didn't know... Bunching up his fists, he yelled, "DON'T CALL ME THAT!"

The man fell back on the balls of his feet. Wagging a finger and tutting. "I'm going to need you to keep your voice down, Kacchan," he said sternly. "The first one is free as you didn't know, but I will have to punish you if you keep it up."

Gritting his teeth, Katsuki growled, "How did you find out about him?"

Laughing to himself, the man asked, "And who is this 'him' you speak of?"

Katsuki stamped his foot down, yelling, "YOU KNOW WHO I'M TALKING ABOUT!"

The man sighed, crossing his arms and leaning back. "I can see that you're still adjusting, but I told you to keep your voice down." After a moment of silence, he decided, "I'll come back later, a day in the dark might be good for your temper." Turning to the door, he stood halfway in the doorway and looked back, blowing Katsuki a kiss. "Until then, Love."

The man left and soon after him, the light followed. Katsuki screamed for hours upon hours but no one ever came. Eventually, his voice had given out on him. He sat slumped against the cold wall of his cage, wondering one thing.

Did his captor know of Katsuki's greatest mistake?