BONUS CHAPTER (2/2)- Izuku's Happy Ending

TW: Brief Suicidal Thoughts

Keys jingled merrily as Izuku twirled them around his pointer finger, lips pressed into an O to whistle to the tune. He skipped down the hall, then stopped in front of a simple grey door.

He swirled the ring of keys around once more before picking out a shiny silver one. The key was pressed into the lock, turned, and the door clicked open.

The fluorescent lights escaped into the room in a thin line. The room was bare and no larger than a broom closet.

Izuku's heart fluttered in his chest as he knelt and took Katsuki's face into his hands to press a kiss to his forehead, which was hard to do since his beloved's head kept lolling forwards and back with the motions. He really was Izuku's little doll.

"Kacchan? Wake up, my love." He brushed some hair out of Katsuki's face and shook him a little for lack of a kinder way to wake him.

A red eye opened sluggishly, followed by the other. His eyes blinked at different paces, dazed.

So Izuku shook him by the shoulders again. "Kacchan, I'm home. It's time to get up now."

It took a few moments longer than usual, but the fog cleared from his gaze, and he began to focus. Then he strained to lift his head and met his gaze.

Izuku smiled. "Hello, my love. I missed you!" His words were soft and smooth; anything else would've damaged his doll.

Katsuki's head was bobbing, struggling to stay up. Izuku simply caught the base of his skull in the palm of his hand as it almost hit the wall.

"Are you not feeling well?"

Katsuki only closed his eyes in response.

"Ah. You know what?" He stroked his head, thumb rubbing in small circles. "I know just the thing to make you feel better!"

His body was limp as Izuku gathered him in his arms and stood up. Carrying him became easier with every passing day, though the bony joints pressing into him were a nuisance. Still, Izuku never minded holding his doll.

As they passed through the hall, Katsuki grimaced at every step. His eyebrows were scrunched together in discomfort, and his fingers flexed for something to hold. Izuku was so happy! This was the most movement he'd seen out of his beloved for weeks!

And well, if Izuku accidentally jostled him around to see him move again, no one was any the wiser.

Finally, they arrived at Izuku's room. Without much effort, Izuku opened the door with full hands and gently placed Katsuki on his bed. Though Izuku put him in a sitting position, Katsuki fell like a puppet whose strings had been cut, limbs landing in awkward angles.

He considered fixing him but decided against it. Then as he crossed to another door to enter his bathroom, he called back, "I'll just be a moment!"

Unceremoniously, he turned on the tap to the tub and started filling it. He let his mind wander as he sat on the edge of the tub while he waited.

He knew when he'd parted with his Katsuki for the second time that he said he'd have to start all over again with him-- and he'd been right. Though he didn't think it'd be so different. Not unwelcome, but certainly different.

He knew Katsuki would be rattled when Izuku killed that man and his brats. He knew Katsuki would accept it eventually. And he did, but Izuku expected the road to that acceptance to be much angrier... not quiet.

Katsuki had been silent since the day Izuku brought him home. He'd done everything he could to make him say anything to him, but he just wouldn't.

Izuku learned to get over the quiet and fill it himself. If he was being honest for once, he preferred Katsuki when he wasn't speaking. Izuku could enjoy their time together to the fullest without Katsuki ruining it with stupid ideas. This really was the ideal outcome. Even if it had taken a long time to make it happen.

It may take even longer to get back to where they used to be, but Izuku had proven time and time again that he was willing to wait.

The tub was almost full, so Izuku turned off the water and got up. Then he peeked into the bedroom to see Katsuki was in the exact position Izuku had left him.

He approached Katsuki with a smile and leaned over him. "Hey, Kacchan! Your bath is ready."

Katsuki's face was as blank as ever. Sometimes Izuku wondered if he'd overdone too much, and the blond just... wasn't home in his head anymore.

"Let's get you in there." Izuku gingerly scooped him up again and carried him to the tub. It was a bit of a struggle to set him in the water without help from said person, but Izuku did his best.

"There you go...." Izuku murmured as he watched his muscles relax in the warm water, and his eyes slipped closed.

He took his place on the side of the tub and gazed down at his beloved as he soaked. Katsuki didn't look peaceful per se, more... absent. Like he was mentally somewhere else.

And Izuku didn't like it one bit, so he slowly picked up a washcloth and glided it over the blond's skin. His eyes snapped open with the sudden touch, surprising Izuku with the sudden presence they held. They even made eye contact for a split second before Katsuki fell back into his familiar distant stare.

Izuku continued rubbing away the build-up of sweat and dust Katsuki had been collecting, then moved on to his hair. He squirted some shampoo into his hand and massaged Katsuki's scalp.

He really did love Katsuki like this. Quiet, cooperative, and dependent. He was everything Izuku wanted from him. But, of course, the more complicated things, like participating in activities, could come later. For now, though, this was perfect.

Once he was done, he took the nearby plastic cup and used it to rinse Katsuki. He took extra care not to get any soap in his eyes.

Soon, they were done, and Izuku let the water drain and pulled Katsuki out of the tub. Then he sat him on the empty counter against the wall and toweled him dry.

When they were done, Izuku wrapped him up in the towel and carried him to his bed, climbing in behind him.

He held the blond close to himself, running his hand absentmindedly over his bare, scarred arm. Izuku loved spending his evenings like this. He could almost fall asleep. And he would've too if he hadn't--

No. He couldn't have actually heard that, could he?

Raising himself on an elbow, he leaned over Katsuki to ask, "Did you say something, Kacchan?"

Katsuki's eyes were locked on the poster at eye level to him on the wall. It was of him back in his early hero days, of course. It was a collector's item to have merch of the #1 that went missing.

"K-- kl--" Katsuki coughed violently, voice extremely hoarse with disuse.

Izuku's eyebrows shot up to his hairline. "What is it, my love?"

"Kill me."

He froze. Izuku never expected those words to be the first out of his mouth.

Then slowly, he settled back behind Katsuki and resumed his petting. "No," he answered, pulling him tightly to his chest. "No, I don't think I will."

And he watched as his precious doll came apart, thread by sorrowful thread.

So, there you have it! It's been a while since I've written anything so depressing, so this was refreshing! This is the last content I plan to make for this book and I hope you enjoyed it! If you have any questions about the story, I'd be happy to answer them! (It doesn't matter when you're reading this, it's extremely likely that even 10 years from now I'll still respond to comments.) (Also come chat with me on my profile conversation wall thing. I talk to myself a lot in there and you might find some value in what I have to say ¯\_()_/¯ )

So with that, remember to lock your doors and close your blinds! The devil wears a poorly-tied tie, and you might just be the next victim he sets his eyes on.

EDIT: If there's a scene or something you wish you could've seen, just drop the idea down in the comments and I might make a lil oneshot of it! Just a lil treat for my favorite readers! (It could also be a What If He Made A Different Choice Instead kind of thing, or an update of what was going on during a timeskip. Maybe some different POVs thrown in for flavor??)